Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thebutcherkevin wrote:zircon, wondering if there is a 4th Shreddage guitar vst in the works at all?
Yes.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:
thebutcherkevin wrote:zircon, wondering if there is a 4th Shreddage guitar vst in the works at all?
Yes.
Can't find the post anymore but I swear I've seen a teaser on that a while back on Facebook. Very excited to get my hands on a fourth Shreddage 2 guitar and use the crap out of it. Please never change the awesomeness of the mutes. SRP was a madman for this.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Is there an update link for Shreddage 2X? Or is that the same as Shreddage 2? Thanks!

Activate101 wrote:Is there an update link for Shreddage 2X? Or is that the same as Shreddage 2? Thanks!
Shreddage 2X is a much older patch of Shreddage 2. The update files from the original post are the latest patches of their respective instruments. So yeah, same instrument.
Did this question come from looking at their site? I'm looking through it right now because a friend asked me for recommendations on which deals to take advantage of right now and I just noticed Classic refers to Shreddage 2 as "Shreddage 2X."
No need to worry about the 2X thing, it's just the first Shreddage 2 as far as this case is concerned. Probably just an outdated page.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

zircon wrote:
Yes.
That's awesome news :) if you can get the pick attack perfected, then all these issues people have with lead parts will sort itself out. Exciting to see what you come up with!!

download links for shreddage update files no longer exits, can you resend it?

You can simply redownload the instrument from Pulse with the latest update.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I have Shreddage II registered through Native Instruments. Shows up in Access, but unable to locate it on my machine, as this is a new machine. I was able to download all the NI stuff, but of course not Shreddage. Is there any way to still get it, and make it legit through Access?

You need to download it through Pulse, not NA.

As a new Pulse user it wouldn't be in my account.

eightmeow wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:27 pm I have Shreddage II registered through Native Instruments. Shows up in Access, but unable to locate it on my machine, as this is a new machine. I was able to download all the NI stuff, but of course not Shreddage. Is there any way to still get it, and make it legit through Access?
I miss physical media. I'm going to have to consider this whenever I'm tempted to buy the latest multi-gigabyte download. It's mine only as long as the platform I signed up for is maintained.

Ugh.

I'm impressed that with NI stuff you are eligible for upgrade pricing on very old versions, and that very old versions still run, and can still be downloaded.

Third-party libraries based on that tech? Not so much.

NI cannot provide libraries they never had downloadable through the old Service Center or the current Native Access. The option for 3rd party developers to deploy their content through Native Access is only a few years old now. For 3rd party libraries you have to contact the library developer about additional downloads (in case of Impact Soundworks, everything is available on Pulse). And after that, golden rule #1: backup, backup, backup.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:24 am NI cannot provide libraries they never had downloadable through the old Service Center or the current Native Access.... everything is available on Pulse).
Which is why I'm here, asking Impact Soundworks for it.

Pulse did not exist when I bought the library. As a new Pulse user, I cannot prove I own the library.

But NI knows I own it. All I need is a copy of it, and then I tell Access where it is, and then I can use it. That's how the link at the top of this thread used to work. You used to be able to just download the thing.

The link currently goes to the Shreddage 3 page. I've downloaded the free Stratus. It's possible that IS considers that to be superior to Shreddage 2 in every way, so why would anyone want the old library? Stratus is cool, but all the presets sound like something someone might do with, you know, a strat. I may not be remembering it accurately, but I think Shreddage 2 was more suitable for deep, dark, modern metal. Things other Shreddage 3 instruments do now.

It'd be nice if someone in the know told me what IS's current thinking on S2 is. Obsolete and I'm SOL? Stratus Free replaces it? Or am I missing a way to get S2 as a new Pulse user? That I got a whole lotta silence tells me their current products are only as good for as long as the current downloader is supported, which is unknowable.

There's only $150 at stake, so if someone had had the courtesy to just tell me I'm SOL I wouldn't have been particularly bothered. It's worse that I got silence.
Last edited by eightmeow on Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contact ISW support directly please, with that serial number and e-mail under which you purchased S2.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”