Archtop V1.1 Update - July 28, 2015

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just wrapped up work on Archtop: Hollowbody Electric Guitar v1.1! This has been one of our best-received instruments, but there were some minor bugs and issues that needed to be addressed.

Fixes / Changes
* Fretboard has been flipped, with the low frets being on the RIGHT instead of the left, per request!
* Bug fixes with the "sustain octaves" (thumbed octaves) articulation, extending the range
* Big improvements to the Split MIDI Channels mode. It simply works better across the board now.
* Fixes to portamento/glissando volume - should sound smoother than before!
* New Midi CC controls: CC85 now controls the note/pick offset, allowing you to chop out some pick attack for a snappier response, and CC86 does the same but ONLY for legato notes.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the new instrument NKI and put in your Archtop/Instruments folder.

2. Download the new NKC and NKR files, and REPLACE your old NKC/NKR files in the main Archtop folder.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

This is a Very Nice update but I don't see any difference in the position of the fretboard? The low frets have always been on the right for me. It doesn't bother me either way though!

I do notice that the portamento/gliss is smoother and seems to always trigger now. I realized that the pick sound I hear is due to the velocity of the 'slide-to' ending note. Lower velocity, less pick sound on the ending note of a slide. (this now makes sense as they are just other samples being triggered at the end of a slide vs. a separate slide sample)

The thumbed octaves really sound nice, Great Job!

Sincerely appreciate the update.

Kind regards,
Rick

Return to “Impact Soundworks”