Shreddage 2 - importing guitar pro midi - wrong notes

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is what I do:

Export to midi from Guitar Pro 5.2, import the midi in REAPER, add Kontakt to the wanted track and load up Shreddage 2X.

What happens:

Notes are played, but not the ones I wrote in guitar pro.

I know I have to transpose the imported midi by +12 semitones to at least be on the right octave, so that's not the issue. I tried the "4Front Piano Module" VSTi, and that worked fine, played the correct notes.

Is there any way to fix this without too much of a hassle? If not, how should I go about writing stuff to make sure it's compatible with Shreddage?

Thanks in advance!

Got a midi file for reference?

This for example, makes the high notes in the file sound like low notes and vice versa when I play it with Shreddage 2X (after of course changing to the correct octave and double checking that the notes in the midi item in REAPER are the same ones as in the guitar pro file)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello. I transposed the notes up another 2 octaves and it sounds fine to me. I also adjusted the velocities of the notes because my articulations are set up differently but it should sound fine for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... aptop1.mid

The "low" chords were playing powerchord samples and the "high" chords were playing the very start of the single note samples, so transposing up 2 octaves solved the issue.

However since my instrument is transposed up an octave, you should also transpose my MIDI example up one MORE octave to achieve the results you're looking for,

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
warfighter67 wrote:Hello. I transposed the notes up another 2 octaves and it sounds fine to me. I also adjusted the velocities of the notes because my articulations are set up differently but it should sound fine for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... aptop1.mid (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10679993/Projects/Not%20mine/Laptop1.mid)

The "low" chords were playing powerchord samples and the "high" chords were playing the very start of the single note samples, so transposing up 2 octaves solved the issue.

However since my instrument is transposed up an octave, you should also transpose my MIDI example up one MORE octave to achieve the results you're looking for,
Thanks a lot! All I had to do was to transpose the midi 36 semitones instead of 12, just like you said :) works perfectly now!

Hallo,
Gibt es eine Quelle für spezielle
Shreddage-midi-files im Metal-style?

Rick0816 wrote:Hallo,
Gibt es eine Quelle für spezielle
Shreddage-midi-files im Metal-style?
MIDI-Dateien sind derzeit nicht verfügbar, jedoch werde ich einige nach der Veröffentlichung von Shreddage 3 liefern.
(Ich habe Google Translate benutzt.)
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Return to “Impact Soundworks”