Shreddage 2 IBZ: powerchords & single notes

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys.

I just bought Shreddage 2 IBZ and I have the following questions:
1. How do you see both single notes and powerchords in the piano roll without legacy mode?
2. How do you play powerchord palm mutes? I can only play single noted palm mutes, but that's not what I'm looking for.
In Shreddage 2, this was possible, I used it in all my previous songs. I hope this can be achieved with IBZ.

This is my articulation window.
I'm currently using legacy mode, but even then I can't trigger palmmuted powerchords (chugs, breakdown style)

This is a test project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/li9kalr7q6ldg ... t.mp3?dl=0

00:00 to 00:10 -> Shreddage IBZ (single notes, lowest octave in piano roll)
00:10 to 00:20 -> Shreddage 2X (powerchord palm mute, lowest octave in piano roll)
00:20 to 00:30 -> Shreddage IBZ (single notes, lowest octave in piano roll)
00:30 to 00:40 -> Shreddage 2X (powerchord palm mute, lowest octave in piano roll)

You can hear that the 2X chugs are a lot heavier, I hope there is a way I can achieve the same sound ;)

We just published an update yesterday fixing a bug in IBZ where powerchord palm mutes were not triggering properly. The fastest way to fix this is to download these files and overwrite the NKC/NKR files of the same name in your IBZ folder:

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _v1_25.nkc
http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _v1_25.nkr
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'm still having the same problem, I only get powerchord sustains, not mutes.

What you can do to bypass this issue is to articulate the chords manually in the piano roll and adjust the velocity to your liking.
OR you can use the legacy switch and have access to powerchords on demand... from there, adjust the velocity to your liking.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Thanks for the fast answer, I will try that out!

Tephrosis wrote:Thanks for the fast answer, I will try that out!
Np... if anything Zircon will come up with a much better answer or something that'll fix that particular issue.
Simply said...

The update is working over here, are you sure you grabbed the new nkc/nkr and overwrote your old ones?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:The update is working over here, are you sure you grabbed the new nkc/nkr and overwrote your old ones?
Well, I have 1.25 and this issue is there on my end too. (IBZ modified on July 5th)
The update on the forums reads 1.25... so I didn't bother downloading it 'cos... thought it was the same file.
Apparently it's 1.26 in disguise so I'll download that right away.
Simply said...

Hi! Can some one give me some more detail on how to play single notes along side power chords? At the moment I can only play one or the other. I am a noob at using shreddage and midi sequencing (obviously) any help would be appreciated

:dog: Ahhh....just figured it out. :) single notes are up high on the piano roll, chords are down low.

TomGent wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 am :dog: Ahhh....just figured it out. :) single notes are up high on the piano roll, chords are down low.
hello,
I'd have the same question... and what you described seems sto be how it used to be in Legacy Mode. I have Shreddage 2 v3.21 and I found there is key switch to toggle between single notes and power chords when not using legacy mode, however the fact that the key switch acts as an on/off toggle is a bit confusing and I'm not sure how to get consistent results (if you hit "play" while the ks is in the wrong "status" you'll get the opposite of what you wanted )

I have the same issue (out side of legacy mode) - i can’t figure out how to have single notes and chords with out everything changing to one or the other once you hit the key switch.... so I’ve just been using it in legacy mode until I figure it out. Sorry I can’t help

I haven't tried this yet, but I was thinking that maybe disabling the "Keysw Latch" option would allow for an easier workflow outside of legacy mode... however I hope zircon / someone from ISW will get back to us on this :)

thanks

Return to “Impact Soundworks”