audioD3CK version 1.3 public beta available

Official support for: audio.d3ck.net
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audioD3CK version 1.3 public beta is available from:

http://archive.d3ck.net/1.3

Manuals are to be updated to reflect the latest features and changes.

New features include:

-AAX & VST3 support
-flexible oversampling options for all plugins(linear phase/polyphase/1x - 64x/or target samplerate for dynamic oversampling)
-floating readouts can be turned off
-"register once", register only once, all plugins get registered instantly, no restart.
-bundle sale and installer
-KRUCZ: added auto makeup, ceiling and monitor functions
-ST-R-I-P: order of EQ and COMP can now be changed
-load custom skins (can be created with RenderSkin).

Cheers!

JM

All plugins except the Raon series require both MSVCP.120 and MSVCR.120. These files need to be in the System folder (not System32). The installers need to take care of this.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The possible GUI sizes need to be restricted to reasonable limits.
Also, I think, the update should only occur after closing and re-opening the GUI.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:All plugins except the Raon series require both MSVCP.120 and MSVCR.120. These files need to be in the System folder (not System32). The installers need to take care of this.
Hmm. I set the Windows builds to static linking (/MT), so there should be no external dependencies, googling the issue did not help thus far, already did what people suggest.
I'll have to look into it some more. Any tips? Someone?

jens wrote:The possible GUI sizes need to be restricted to reasonable limits.
agreed!
jens wrote:
Also, I think, the update should only occur after closing and re-opening the GUI.
I could make this optional. But why?

Maybe it's different after you significantly reduced the possible range, but right now it's doing funny things like disappearing and stuff - it's almost impossible to properly adjust the slider (would be a nice little video-game :hihi:)

jens wrote:Maybe it's different after you significantly reduced the possible range, but right now it's doing funny things like disappearing and stuff - it's almost impossible to properly adjust the slider (would be a nice little video-game :hihi:)
Oh, I did never use the slider very much myself. Must try this game then :D ! I'm mean, as the creator... Did you know you can just drag the size on the UI's border?

oh... :o I tried this - probably I somehow grabbed it the wrong way then... I'd suggest to get rid of the "slider" altogether then... (b.t.w.: all your sliders aren't really sliders, which is a bit odd)

Another thing:

both Sunruys and the S.T.R.I.P. compressor are relatively CPU greedy (too greedy, I think - especially for a bus - with 4x oversampling it uses about 1.8% of my CPU in Reaper) - do they share some common codebase? ChopChop is a lot more more modest...
anyway: I tried switching Sunruys to mono in order to save some cycles, it didn't have any effect though, which is strange.

jens wrote:oh... :o I tried this - probably I somehow grabbed it the wrong way then... I'd suggest to get rid of the "slider" altogether then... (b.t.w.: all your sliders aren't really sliders, which is a bit odd)

Another thing:

both Sunruys and the S.T.R.I.P. compressor are relatively CPU greedy (too greedy, I think - especially for a bus - with 4x oversampling it uses about 1.8% of my CPU in Reaper) - do they share some common codebase? ChopChop is a lot more more modest...
anyway: I tried switching Sunruys to mono in order to save some cycles, it didn't have any effect though, which is strange.
The mono button won't change anything at all in regards to CPU, as processing is done on a 64 bit SSE2 stereo pair. It's only there for the odd channel configurations, like 2 ins and 1 out (mono with side-chain).

All plugins share a common code base, thought SunRuys is much more complex when it comes to the detector. A lot is going on. Is it worth it? That's up for you to decide.
Soon there will be dedicated oversampling settings for offline rendering, which might help with that.

edit: ChopChop does not even convert the audio signal into the log domain (on purpose of course), which makes it harder to handle, but gives it a certain "old school" vibe. So while it is not a bland compressor, it is "simple" in comparison to SunRuys, which does a lot more.
There is probably some room for optimizations. But I don't want to compromise on quality.

No, of course the quality should not compromised. But is there really no way to save cycles when using Sunruys on mono sources? I know your site says it's meant to be for busses, but I think it's a darn fine track-compressor too. And what about S.T.R.I.P., is that compressor's detector algo quite complex too?

btw: I have no idea what "log domain" means tbh :lol:

About the OS: I have found it to make a world of a difference on more sustaining program material, hardly any on drums/percusssion though.

Return to “audioD3CK”