Grouping Chord Progressions

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Attila

I'm trying to group chord progressions in a .rcCHPR text file but it does not seem to be working - I can only see one progression in RC (looks like only the first one is in RC)

Here is my .rcCHPR file

Code: Select all

#Chord Progression Database
#format: name=<name>; chords=<list of chords with short names>;
name="IIdim - V - Im - IIdim - V - Im - IIdim - V"; chords="IIdim","V","Im","IIdim","V","Im","IIdim","V"; lengths=1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024; group=HarmonicMinor;
name="IIdim - V - Im - V - Im - V - VI - VIIdim"; chords="IIdim","V","Im","V","Im","V","VI","VIIdim"; lengths=1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024; group=HarmonicMinor;
name="IIdim - V - Im - VI - IIdim - V - VI - IVm"; chords="IIdim","V","Im","VI","IIdim","V","VI","IVm"; lengths=1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024,1024; group=HarmonicMinor;
And here is what I see in RC

Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong? In using 3.83 on Win 10

Thanks Attila

Cheers!

<edit> to get notifications

It looks like a misinterpretation of the end-of-line separator by Attila's code when reading the file.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hi smalltoes,

At the moment files containing multiple progressions may exist only in the DB folder. From sub-folders only single-record files are read.
However I fixed this, so from the next version it will be possible to add such files in sub-folders.
If you need the latest fixed version, please let me know and I'll upload it for you.

Please note if you don't use "group=" in such a file, the folder will be used as the group name. If you have "group=HarmonicMinor", the folder name is not used at all, and no matter where the file is, the progressions will be shown in the 'HarmonicMinor' group.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi BlackWinny thanks for your advice

Hi Attila, thank you for your reply.

I think I should be fine placing the group files under DB for the time being - but thanks for your offer, very much appreciated.

Cheers

Return to “MusicDevelopments”