How to Change the Length of a Part?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Suppose a part (line) exists, 4 bars long.

RC 4-bar Part.jpg

How can I change that part (line) to be 8 bars long instead?

Note: I'm aiming for one 8 bar part (line) here. (It is clear enough that I can duplicate the 4-bar line <g>)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drag the grey tab at the end of the timeline.

Yup! Thank you!

I see also that this works even if the part is in the middle of the composition structure. In this case, just double-click on the part to "zoom in" on it (make it the only part seen in the main window) and the grey tab will appear at the right allowing the part length to be changed. You can then double-click on the first (overall) entry in the structure list and see your new edit in the context of the whole composition.

There are many ways, I just cannot find my earlier forum post where this is explained.

You can find everything about 'time' in the timeline inspector. You will find "Insert XXX Beats/Bars" there. When the timeline is in keyboard focus, pressing + will add a quarter note at the time pointer. If you select a range, for example 8 quarter notes, pressing * will duplicate it. Of course cut/copy/paste time also works on the timeline which increases the length of the line.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”