[Solved] No Sound Issue

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

Nowadays i try the software Rapid Composer with Cubase Pro 8.5

Everything was fine.

I don't know the reason but while clicking a chord on palette or builder, i can't hear sound anymore.

As you can see on attached image, there are several chords.

When i click them, i can't hear anything and sometimes i come across this warning " there is no track active. The first track is used for preview "

Imageupload a picture

I can hear the sound only when i click on chord generator.

I already made the setting as " Preview : Chord Bass" .

I reinstalled software, but no luck.

-Preview Chord Bass doesn't work

-Preview Chord Phrase browser selection work, but i don't want to use it while selecting chords.
Last edited by DreamTrance on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you use 2 RC plug-ins in Cubase? I can see "Plug-in #2" as the track label...
If you use only one RC plug-in instance, does chord preview work?
I have just tried chord preview and there is no reason it should not work. Your settings are OK. If using the current track instrument does not work for some reason, have you tried to set up "Chord Preview Instrument"? Make sure you check that under Settings / Preview.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 pm Do you use 2 RC plug-ins in Cubase? I can see "Plug-in #2" as the track label...
I have just tried chord preview and there is no reason it should not work. Your settings are OK. If using the current track instrument does not work for some reason, have you tried to set up "Chord Preview Instrument"? Make sure you check that under Settings / Preview.

Thanks,
Attila
Atilla, thanks for the response.

Yes, it is the plug-ins in Cubase

I have just tried chord preview and there is no reason it should not work.
It was working for me too, but it suddenly stopped working. I really can't find out a solution.
I made a clean install (uninstalling, deleting all files from documents folder, reinstall) .

But it is still same. I already created plenty of projects, but same .

As you can see the image below, i click a chord and i can't hear the preview anymore and i get the warning .

have you tried to set up "Chord Preview Instrument"?
I already tried this option before writing the post, but no luck.

Preview Phrase Browser Selection
Preview Selected Phrase in composation
Preview Chord Bass ×

This is very strange. What concerns me is why there is "Plug-in #2" when you use only one instance of RapidComposer? It should be "Plug-in #1". I have a feeling that this is the key to the solution. Is it possible Cubase made another RC instance?

You can ignore the warning message, because preview should work regardless of that, assuming you have a valid track.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm This is very strange. What concerns me is why there is "Plug-in #2" when you use only one instance of RapidComposer? It should be "Plug-in #1". I have a feeling that this is the key to the solution. Is it possible Cubase made another RC instance?

You can ignore the warning message, because preview should work regardless of that, assuming you have a valid track.
Atilla, i'm afraid that the issue is not related to " Plug-in #1 , #2 "

still same..
Last edited by DreamTrance on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 pm Do you use 2 RC plug-ins in Cubase? I can see "Plug-in #2" as the track label...

Thanks,
Attila
In addition to all , chord preview instrument settings

Atilla, i don't know why but it started to work again :)

I just created new project (all day) and now it works .

But i don't have any idea how i solved the issue.

I've created the RC channel firstly than a random VST Channel and assigned it to RC channel.
Last edited by DreamTrance on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very strange. But I am happy that you solved this in the end.
So, thanks! :)

Maybe the different plug-in instances were confused in RC. Recently I collected some experience and knowledge about different plug-in formats, which means I will rework the RC plug-in to be a normal plug-in with a UI and without bridging. Also VST3 and AU plug-ins will be included.
I'll release my first virtual instrument very soon. (I am way behind all deadlines that I set for myself... :( )

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm Very strange. But I am happy that you solved this in the end.

Maybe the different plug-in instances were confused in RC. Recently I collected some experience and knowledge about different plug-in formats, which means I will rework the RC plug-in to be a normal plug-in with a UI and without bridging. Also VST3 and AU plug-ins will be included.
I'll release my first virtual instrument very soon. (I am way behind all deadlines that I set for myself... :( )

Thanks,
Attila
I've checked the settings.

I would like to share the solution with you and maybe it will be helpful in the future for your customers using Cubase.

First i opened the Standalone version without Cubase and choosed the options " Preview Using Preview Chord Instrument ' and ' Preview Chord + Bass '

Then i applied same settings in RC for plug-in version.

As far as i understand settings should be same in standlone version and plug-in version.

P.S : I'm looking forward for your VSTi . I'm sure that it will be a great stuff.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm Very strange. But I am happy that you solved this in the end.

Thanks,
Attila
Atilla, i already figured out the main problem causing the issue, since i came across it today over and over.

It is really strange what you will hear right now.

I downloaded SmallToes custom progression packs and put them into DB folder.

The problem appeared because of new added custom progression packs.

I already deleted them from RC folder and chord preview works like a charm.

That is interesting. Do you think the preview stops working also in Reaper, because I have no access to Cubase?

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:04 pm That is interesting. Do you think the preview stops working also in Reaper, because I have no access to Cubase?
I don't have any idea about Reaper, since i only use Cubase Pro 8.5.

What folder should we put custom progressions into?

As i mentioned above i put them into DB folder.

Yes, the DB folder is the right place.
You should copy the progressions to your Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB folder.

If you copy the "SmallToes Progression..." folder, you'll have a separate folder in the progressions browser, but you can choose to copy the sub-folders only.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 pm Yes, the DB folder is the right place.
You should copy the progressions to your Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB folder.

If you copy the "SmallToes Progression..." folder, you'll have a separate folder in the progressions browser, but you can choose to copy the sub-folders only.

I have good news, Atilla.

I only copied subfolders and it works now :)

As far as i realised if you copy the same progression twice, it causes the problem in Cubase.

chord + bass again.. I see a pattern.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”