Mute Phrase?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been away for a while! 8)

Is there still no way to mute a phrase in a track? I asked for this in 2014.

search.php?keywords=%22mute+phrase%22&t ... mit=Search

Muting a phrase is a great compositional tool.

Examples: 1) Duplicate all phrases and paste to a new track. Send new track to a different voice.Try various mutes of a phrase in one track while leaving that phrase active in the other track to try some nice voicing variations.
2) Same idea in same track ... especially with overlapping phrases. Duplicate in same track to engineer builds across verses and choruses.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Hi,

?

Hi como baila,
Welcome back :)
There is 'mute phrase', see the small 'm' buttons between the magnet and the phrase name. If you mute a phrase it becomes red (see above screenshot).
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila!

First I searched the forum for "mute phrase" and only found the old posts I linked. I then searched the 2018 manual and still got no hit for "mute phrase."

Should have known you would have implemented it! :)
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”