RC3 Demo - where's the sound?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

More new user experience/observation - (as of RC 3.9b4, Windows version) -

Chord Preview (via clicking on a chord in the Master Track) currently plays the chord 4 times in an even rhythm (4 quarter notes?). I'm not 100% sure if this is a built-in, a default, or something I made happen myself in my early stumbles.

In any case, my question now is how can this be changed? (e.g. to one whole note, or anything else)

If you press the STOP button by right-clicking that is the panic button - it sends 'all notes off' and 'all sounds off' to all channels. You can define a keyboard shortcut, it is called "Panic, All sounds off" under Settings / Keyboard Shortcuts / Workspace.

I think it would be possible to close separate windows by the Esc key. But when there are multiple inspectors and browsers, and chord selector is open and arranged next to each other, the user won't really know which window is "on top", so which window will close when pressing Esc...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi. Can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding it / figuring it out, but I am.

How does one copy/paste (or duplicate) a track in RC?

Ctrl-X/C/V delete works, press '*' to duplicate the current track, press '+' to add a new track.
However make sure that the track headers are in keyboard focus (click inside the area).

The keyboard focus will be better indicated visually soon.

Thanks kindly Attila!

Ctrl-X/C/V is of course a perfectly normal way to do it. I must have been having a bad day because for some reason not being able to find these anywhere either in a right-click or drop-down menu put me off of simply trying them!

I get that right-click (on a track header) is being used to call up the Track Inspector, which offers all kinds of functionality, as well as an info/help button. All good! I would suggest, FWIW, that mentioning how to cut/copy/paste/duplicate and add new under that info/help button would have clued me in, and could save this question from popping up again.

Also, we can left-click and drag (after the hand pops up) to move a track. How about left-click and shift-drag to copy it?

Thanks again!

Check out the quick help tutorial too.. Once you click it, the "next page" button is at the bottom right of your screen, it's easy to over look..

To my surprise I could not find cut/copy/paste in the track inspector either! :oops:
They are listed in the phrase inspector, and I could have sworn that these can be found in the track inspector too. I am sorry.
But you will find them among the keyboard shortcuts, at the top of the list.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”