VSTi crashing RC3 Demo

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I actually have a weekend off and am looking forward to trying the Full demo RC 3.
MIDI and audio is set. and the "Test tone" is audible.
The first "Composition" window has a set of chords, play-head moves but does not initiate any sound.
"Phrasing Editor" double clicking on a note will make a sound and reads "Root"
Settings> scan Vsti = crash Rapid Composer. it scans and then blinks out of existence.

Is the forum the best place for troubleshooting? ~ thanks

this link is ded:
New users are adviced to read these short chapters:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/readme.html#phrases
sadicus | CbB 2023 - ASIO | win10 | Kontakt 6

yea, don't use scan.. use add to manually add a vst. what is happening is, scan finds RC as a vst and tries to load itself, which will crash. (That is called recursive..) The best way to get up to speed with RC is watch the user guide videos (v3) either from the web site or the tips and tricks section..

alright, thank you explaining.

Right, please don't use scan. It is loading all .dll's in the application address space, and executes them, which is very dangerous.
It is best to add VSTi's that you intend to use one by one.
In the future scanning plug-ins will be handled by a separate process not to jeopardize the main application.
Sorry about this issue.

Thanks,
Attila

1) This is loaded, I will read on how to connect, but right now built in sound generators will be fine.
Settings> VSTi> Add> C:\vst_daw\vst_64\Kontakt 5L> Kontakt 5 16out.dll

Suggestion: keep a log file with scan results, with a log entry for each load started and load completed. Every time time scan is starteded, check the log file to see if the last entry is a "load started" that never completed and if there is such an entry then blacklist the corresponding plugin (add it to a list of plugins to skip from the scan). This will require restarting the scan (and currently the program) until all crashing items have been identified but it will eventually complete (unlike the current situation)

I believe this is how most applications handle plugin scanning
Is Gear Addiction Syndrome a form of insanity? Here is my vst collection
What is Gremlins' Music? watch or listen at Odysee or YouTube

Yes, you are right. The real solution will be hosting all plug-ins in a separate process so that they don't jeopardize the stability of the main application. Scanning should be done the way you described.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”