FINALLY getting around to learning RC

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've owned RC for 5 years, but never touched it until about a week ago. I looked at it from time to time and upgraded as new versions were released. But it always seemed intimidating and I never really had the time needed to seriously tackle it.

Now I have the time and I'm so glad I've done the deep dive. I play jazz piano and have done some recording with basic PC DAWS like Reaper and Mixcraft, as well as Garageband IOS. Learning RC has not been as easy as I had hoped (is anything easily learned really that great?), but I'm having a ball in the process and it's helping my songwriting skills. Looking forward to more learning and musical growth with RC!! :D

curious as to why my post is showing up further down in the list among topics posted in 2018?

Hi leeskeys,

thank you for your feedback. I wish you lots of fun and many creative moments with RapidComposer!

Recently I made some useful discussions/topics "sticky" which mean they will appear in front of other posts so that people will find them easily. Actually your topic is at the top of other topics as it is the newest.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

leeskeys, I'm in the exact same boat as you. Owned RC for years and years... dowloaded updates... it looks great... but never used because none of the teaching tools are really up to date (and some get more and more out of date with each new release version). I want to learn, but don't have time to just plunge in basically on my own without (current) guidance. Which may well be on me, but still, it is a bit frustrating.

RC desperately needs a thorough manual, or a comprehensive, up-to-date video tutorial series, or something. Let me know once you've learned your way around, and maybe we can negotiate a fair tutoring fee! :D

I waited until I was retired to tackle it! I started right in on new project, entering some chords for a song I was working on and basically learning as I went (consulting the wiki and videos when I got stuck). It was important for me to set aside big chunks of time and spend some time with it every day. Because there are so many options, you can learn how to do something once and forget how you did it 5 minutes later. Doing it over and over, it becomes more familiar. The other thing that has helped is to work with it on my large desktop monitor, rather than my laptop. Visually there's an incredible amount of information to take in. I've been working with it for about a week now, and starting to feel fairly comfortable with the basic functions.Yes, it's kinda like a typical DAW, but also VERY different!

The RC "PDF" helped me a lot. I just started this week. I still have a long way to go but I am finding every thing I need using the PDF and this forum.

SirkusPi wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:38 pm leeskeys, I'm in the exact same boat as you. Owned RC for years and years... dowloaded updates... it looks great... but never used because none of the teaching tools are really up to date (and some get more and more out of date with each new release version). I want to learn, but don't have time to just plunge in basically on my own without (current) guidance. Which may well be on me, but still, it is a bit frustrating.

RC desperately needs a thorough manual, or a comprehensive, up-to-date video tutorial series, or something. Let me know once you've learned your way around, and maybe we can negotiate a fair tutoring fee! :D
+1

The v3 videos covers the current version, well up to version 3.6 anyways. On the main site, go to support and v3 videos or, in the forums, under the tips and tricks thread you will see the link to the videos.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”