Workflow?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the great things about RC is its flexibility. That said, it is also a source of a touch of frustration, particularly at the beginning. Often times I find myself looking at the screen and going... errr... Melody? Progression? Noodle in a DAW and import? Work with notation and then import? Do something else for a while? ;-)

Anyhow, this basically comes down to workflow. My question to those of much experience is this: How do you start a piece? Is it always the same way? Or does it vary on what you are writing or trying to achieve?

I'm sure lots of us newbies would love to know how you start making the wonderful music we know RC can make.
-- mark.

You should start with the setup of your project, which starts with the master track. Set your key, the chord rules, tempo, etc... then decide on your progression.. from there it should fall into place.

In my video tutorials, I go through almost the entire process and usage of the software. I based it on a "hypothetical" project scenario. It's a lengthy video series, only because of all the features available to you. You can find the link in the "Tips and Tricks" area above titled the "Rapid Composer Video User Guide".

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=518104

Return to “MusicDevelopments”