Full v. LE?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I currently have LE, but am thinking about upgrading to the full version during the sale. I am primarily interested in melodic content (not percussion), and it appears that in this regard the full version has the Melody Generator, Markov Melody Generator, Random Melody Generator, Phrase Morpher, the Idea Tool. My question for the forum is whether users of the full version believe that these are useful additions to the LE that would warrant an additional $90? Do you use these additional tools? Do you get usable results? I ask because the upgrade price is nearly twice that of the price for LE, and thus I am hopeful that these additional tools are very useful.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

With this anniversary sale I upgraded from LE to Full. I'm happy with the upgrade as the new tools in the full version are very interesting to do experimentation, learning and get ideas from it, and having free upgrades to v4.x is also a significant plus to me.

However, so far I can only obtain results that feel "experimental", but it might well be because I don't know yet enough about music theory nor RapidComposer. Perhaps the intention of those extra tools is not to "generate a song by pressing a few buttons", but to serve as a quick experimentation playground where to get ideas from for your "production hand crafted" compositions... I take it that way and it's more than enough in my particular case. However I guess more experienced RC users might have a different opinion and they perhaps could get better results quickly...

In addition to the other tools in the full version, I was very impressed with the Phrase Morph generator... I think that is a great feature and can be very useful to enrich actual compositions.

Best regards.

Hi bharris22,

you can upgrade to the full edition anytime when you need it, although it is best to do that during a sale. Your investment in the LE version will not get lost, as it is deducted from the full edition price.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you both!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”