Creation of Fugue Subjects/Countersubjects?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am just getting my feet wet with RapidComposer LE, and I am wondering if the program can be used to create a fugue subject or countersubject from a midi melody line that I import? My goal is to create another melody line starting from the one I import that can be played together with the original melody.

Thanks in advance!

This is something I would like to see as well.

You can create a kind of counterpoint by duplicating the melody line to another track and selecting an "add interval" modifer and choose 3rd above or below or 5th or whatever and choose "mute original notes".

It's not true counterpoint but you can split the 1st, penultimate and last bars and make adjustments to the start and end.

That works for first species. Other species can be achieved by regenerating the melody you wish to change with extra notes. As this is now on a separate track the CF remains untouched. It's kind of manual but you can get some good results over time.

I agree that this would be a great feature and it has been requested. I'm sure Attila's will add this at some point.

As for fugues, you can stagger the start of the second line I suppose but a bit hit and miss.

Cheers.
Mike.

Thanks for your reply!!

Hi bharris22,

this is not yet possible, I am afraid. This is one of the many items on my to-do list that I would like to implement.

As Mike mentioned there are variations that can be used to add additional notes to the melody.

I would like to suggest that you watch an excellent video created by HiEnergy: RapidComposer - Using Melody Generators in multiple independent voices like counterpoint

Thanks!
Attila

Thank you very much!!

PS - are the melody generators in this video only available in the full edition, or are they available in LE as well?

All melody generators exist only in the full edition.
In addition, as soon as I finish my current tasks, a new melody editor will be added which lets the user have full control over melody (also in the full edition).

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”