Concept of Rapidcomposer?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is concept of Rapidcomposer, because i do see on ever (generator) track ..thick green lines ?..what are they..purpose?
And where do we start with when opening a empty arrangement ( startconditions(begincondities)

Hi,
it would help if you include a screenshot, because I cannot not see thick green lines in the user interface.
If you start with an empty arrangement, you can quickly create a chord track by selecting a track, and filling it with simple chords (Ctrl-Shift-H). Then drag a chord progression on the master track from the progression browser, or generate a unique progression (by using borrowed chords if you want) in the master track inspector. There are thousands of phrases available on this forum in the "A few custom phrases" topic, or you can use phrase generators. Everyone has its own way of composing. The point is that you can change the chords anytime, or listen to you composition in another key, nothing is set in stone.

You asked for concepts, here are a few:
  • phrase based editing
  • phrases have chord and scale-relative notes, so they automatically change when the master track chords or scales change
  • it is possible to apply variations on phrases (or even whole tracks). The variations modify the rhythm or notes or both.
  • this means you can replace the chords on the master track even when you finished composing to listen to it using another progression, etc
  • RapidComposer can auto-harmonize melody lines with many options
  • the Idea Tool can generate a multi-track composition for a single click. All you need to do is throw a few phrases, rhythm patterns, variation, and tell the program how to generate the chords on the master track. Its usage requires some experimentation, but it is worth it.
  • RapidComposer is not a DAW, not meant for mastering or audio effects, with basic audio import functionality. MIDI drag-and-drop, and MIDI file import/export is available.
  • most operations are non-destructive, which means you can disable the changes, your original phrase will be untouched. Changing settings in variations will update the phrases real-time
Thanks,
Attila

Thanks, those green lines are for chords note positions i assume
What about a neural network: how will this work in future Rapidcomposer versions?

Yes, you are right, I should have figured this out. The chord notes are displayed with green. You can change its color or disable it in the track menu:

There are plans for incorporating neural networks later, but at the moment I cannot tell specifics. There are more important features and changes planned for v4.0.

Thanks,
Attila

Now even Google is into AI music with their most recent Doodle: https://g.co/doodle/7v7qje

Yes, I like that. On the other hand I am not convinced that I would like listening to AI music. There is nothing human or creative in it. If you generated a song, can you say that YOU made it? You can teach a certain style to a neural network, but that will be boring after a while. This is just IMO.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, I agree, Attila. Maybe I was too subtle with my sarcasm above. :scared:

I see :hihi:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”