Fastest way to export a ton of phrases as separate, named MIDI files?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been building up a lot of phrases and I'd like to work with them interactively in real-time in Ableton Live. They import fine as drag-and-drop MIDI files, but the only way I know to export them in RapidComposer is one phrase at a time using export composition to MIDI or a few at a time using export tracks to MIDI. Here are two options:

1) Ideally, I'd like something that just cycles through my phrase directory and exports MIDI files for each phrase file.

2) Alternatively, an export phrase as MIDI on the phrase tool/gear icon's menu that names the phrase as CATEGORY_NAME.mid would work as well.

-d.vyd

Hi,

Look at Settings ==> Custom Phrases ==> Convert MIDI Files To Phrases

It imports with the name used on the Midi file

Thanks forrestlong. I'm actually trying to EXPORT many RapidComposer phases to MIDI files.

I am afraid batch exporting is not possible.
Phrases have no notes assigned: first you would need to use a chord and a scale to see concrete phrase notes. When you add a phrase to the composition, you can see the actual notes because of the master track, but otherwise phrases have 'virtual' notes described by logical expressions internally.

Now that would be a really cool feature: batch export to MIDI files of an entire group of phrases after a user picks the chord, scale, tempo etc. (e.g. Scale C Major; Chord C7; 120.00 BPM) and the phrase group

and then pop up a file selection dialog to specify the output folder for where to write the MIDI files.

Rapid Composer is an exceptional tool for creating MIDI content, and this feature would further extend its capabilities!

Is this do-able, Attila?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Yes, it is do-able tonedef71! Nice to hear from you!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:31 pm Yes, it is do-able tonedef71! Nice to hear from you!
Attila
Splendid. Please add it to your new feature to-do list. :hyper:

It has been a while since I last played with RapidComposer. With every release it continues to become a more stable and impressive piece of software. I especially like the new visual improvements and color themes. :tu: So many features in the product now... I actually feel overwhelmed. :help: I probably should watch some of those customer-created instructional videos to get reacquainted with the software.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thanks for the discussion Attila & Tonedef71.

Hi, I just wanted to check-in here to see if there has been any changes to Rapid Composer's ability to mass export MIDI phrases. I'd like to capitalize on Rapid Composer's phrase generation algorithms, but work primarily outside of the software--in the Python programming language.

Hi d.vyd,
this is not done yet, I am afraid.
Thanks,
Attila

No problem. I know you've been busy. I saw the EDM generators. I need to try those! What are you working on now?

I have been distracted a little by my other project, which is a virtual instrument, a modular additive synthesizer with a nice analogue sound and unlimited freedom in sound design ;) I have learnt a lot about plug-in formats which I will apply to RC.
I'll return to RC soon after releasing it, in about two weeks.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, I saw mention of that in your Twitter account. Looking forward to its release!

I find the program to be hard to learn . Is there any way tutorials can be created that are more for a beginner in this program as i have never used it before
https://soundcloud.com/user-637311263

Does this program produce anything on the level of say orb composer or band in a box , can anyone advise me please ? I mean i am sure its an excellent program for what it does
https://soundcloud.com/user-637311263

Return to “MusicDevelopments”