RapidComposer & Reason?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've downloaded the RC demo. I'm interested to know if RC works with Reason 10? I imagine having Reason set up with the instruments I want and RC's MIDI output directed to Reason for playback (via a MIDI bridge? VST?). Thanks in advance :)

I don't use Reason, but, the way I do this is with RC as a stand alone and use a virtual midi port utility. I use LoopBe 30 which isn't that expensive and works great.

Hi again, and thank you. I got RC & Reason connected using a similar program called loopMidi.
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply :)

Is there a tutorial on how to make that connection?

From memory: you need to assign loopMidi using the Edit/Preferences/"sync" tab. You can assign up to 4 loopMidi ports. Then you use the Advanced Midi device in the Hardware Interface to assign ports/channels to specific devices in your rack.

That might make no sense. If so, let me know and I'll post better information when I'm in front of a PC with Reason & loopMidi installed on it :)

That would be very helpful. Thank you!

PM me your email address, I'll send some info to you. (I can't post pictures on this forum)

Laraka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:23 am From memory: you need to assign loopMidi using the Edit/Preferences/"sync" tab. You can assign up to 4 loopMidi ports. Then you use the Advanced Midi device in the Hardware Interface to assign ports/channels to specific devices in your rack.

That might make no sense. If so, let me know and I'll post better information when I'm in front of a PC with Reason & loopMidi installed on it :)
Hi Laraka! I am facing the same problem: I can load RC as a plugin in Reason, but I haven't found a way to make it produce sounds there. I tried your external solution with loopMidi, set the output in RC to the first loopMidi port and configured the Advanced Midi Device in Reason to receive that and send it to an instrument. However, as I can see from the loopMidi interface, no data is passing through the virtual cable when I hit Play in RC. Any hints?

Hi Aleph99,
I didn't use the plug-in; I used the stand-alone version of RC. If I recall correctly (it's been a while), that had a way to specify what MIDI ports to use for output - I selected LoopMidi - and I specified those same ports as inputs to Reason in the Advanced MIDI set-up.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”