Midi import only scales containing imported notes

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible for RC to suggest scales containg only notes imported ?

Right now the way I understand it, it will suggest all possible scales where a borrowed chord would fit like augmented,dimished,etc.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

In ideal circumstances if the MIDI file has only notes from a 7-degree scale, the perfect scale will be found. However this is rarely the case. Scale fitting happens by finding a scale that includes all (or almost all) notes with the smallest error. The notes are counted in the file, e.g. the number of C, C#, D, etc and that is used to find the closest scale. For example when all G major notes are used but there are also some A# notes in the file, the G major scale should still be offered at the first place. So that is how it works.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

It kinda works usually but sometines I get way too much options ! Anyway if you have a chance to check it out the scale finder in Reaper is pretty basic and to the point wich is welcomed at times. I use it then select in RC the desired scale.
It's nice to have extra options in RC too but sometimes I import a simple prog or chord and the suggested scale I select turns out it is a borrowed scale. I'm trying to find some of my chords afterwards and that's when they are buried deep into the palette...kinda running after my tail you get the idea.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I see, thank you.
BTW your request about having a shortcut to deselect the timeline selection will be included in v3.64, available tomorrow.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”