How do parts are linked to each other changing scale in master track

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is something I can't wrap my head around, why does changing the scale in my first part (Part1) affects the last (Part4) and vice versa ?

Also the middle part (Part3) is unnafected ?

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

looks like a bug to me.. just tried this and it happens when you change the first chord of a part or line..but if you have a change after the 1st chord of a part or line it works as expected.

No, that is not a bug...
Please remember that your composition is a hierarchical structure.
Parts inherit the scale from the composition. Lines inherit it from parts, etc.
You can have a local scale for Part 3, as on the screenshot. But still if you change the scale for Part 4, you actually change the scale for the composition, this is why Part 1 also changes.
It is difficult to understand this in the linear view, but if you open the Structure Inspector, you will know what I mean.

Please note the scale is displayed at the beginning of each part (white: scale defined there, gray: scale inherited from higher level). When you click on it, you will see "Scale (as defined in...)" in the title, so you know which scale you are changing. You can right click on the scale label to use a local scale in the "New Scale/Tempo/Signature" menu.

Please let me know if you have questions.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

OK, I understand it..

I made some screenshots.
Left click:

For right click you can set up your own scale for this Part only. The next part is not affected, it will still use the composition scale.

I set A Minor as the scale, note the white label. When you click on it, you can see it is a local scale:

These things may be difficult to follow linearly, but the Structure Inspector provides a better overview.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

awesome.. will use this in the new video..

Thanks it makes more sense now.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “MusicDevelopments”