RC on MacBook Pro 13-inch 2018 with touch bar

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks, I just got my copy of RC today. But I have some issues on MacOS. Mr. Mezei, the Developer, kindly answered on my emails, so I'm very thankful!

The issue what I have got is, that I cannot drag a chord progression that I build in Chord Selector window in the Composition window. The corresponding button "Drag!" seems to be kind of inactive (I installed the RC today, so this is the last version of the software).

Does somebody experience same problems like me?

I tested this Drag! function in the Win10 environment and it works fantastic! But not under MacOs not for me and not today :(

After some hours with RS for MacOS I came to conclusion, that there is at least for me a kind of problem with drag and drop. So if I want to drag anything from Phrases (browser) into a track, I can do it only in one time from 10-15. Sure I can insert any phrases from Phrases (browser) using Command Key (and then Insert) or double-clicking on the track or Command-Click on a track, but I'm missing such great possibility. There are no such issues on Win10 and I don't have any problems with drag and drop in any app on my Mac.

Hi charliezerotwo,

right, my intuition told me that the touch bar may cause such issues. My MacBook Pro has no touch bar, but I will check how this could be fixed. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am Hi charliezerotwo,

right, my intuition told me that the touch bar may cause such issues. My MacBook Pro has no touch bar, but I will check how this could be fixed. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Attila
Thank you sooooo much, Attila!
And I got this issue with "Phrase Editor is empty, nothing to preview" again. It has nothing to do with option "Preview using Chord Preview Instrument" checked or unchecked. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload a picture on this forum, so I will send you an email.

Thank you again for trying to help!

Please make sure you have "Preview: Chord+Bass" is selected:

Setting "Preview using Chord Preview Instrument" is fine, that means the global chord preview instrument that you can set under Settings / Preview.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm Please make sure you have "Preview: Chord+Bass" is selected:

Setting "Preview using Chord Preview Instrument" is fine, that means the global chord preview instrument that you can set under Settings / Preview.

Thanks,
Attila
Thank you, it works now!

Hi Atillia,
I have a mac book pro as well and i can vouch that the drag function for chord progressions does not work very well.
Can we get an alternate to that as well? Say a click to choose and a double click to place on the time line location?
Thanks

I just want to mention, that when I work in "Chord Selector" => "Palette", then after a short period of time I cannot scroll the window anymore neither up or down. It is like it is frozen, so I have to restart RC couple of times "unfreeze" it.

krazydude2 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:45 am Hi Atillia,
I have a mac book pro as well and i can vouch that the drag function for chord progressions does not work very well.
Can we get an alternate to that as well? Say a click to choose and a double click to place on the time line location?
Thanks
are you using MBPs build-in trackpad or magic mouse / pad? May be it works well with such devices? I don’t have them, so I cannot test it :(

With charliezerotwo's great help the dragging issues are fixed now. This bug appeared on MacBook Pro's with Touch Bar support. Please download the latest build of v3.61 again.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:11 am With charliezerotwo's great help the dragging issues are fixed now. This bug appeared on MacBook Pro's with Touch Bar support. Please download the latest build of v3.61 again.

Thanks,
Attila
Thank you Attila! Everthing works fine!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”