I need help with RC structures.

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can chime in. I understand how to create and utilise RC structure when I'm starting from scratch, however when I'm away from my laptop or desktop I'd normally do some sketching from my ipad pro.

So when I try to import the midi file into RC it looks like one long section, so how do I split and colour code the different sections so it looks like a proper song structure, e.g., like when I'm starting from structure menu in RC? Intro, verse one, chorus etc.

I'd like to organise my parts this way so I can concentrate on highlighting different parts of the song and work on them separately, looks easier on the eye as well as I'm not looking at one long single section for the entire project.

I know this might sound basic but I've read the online manual already I can't seem to find it anywhere, it shows importing midi files which is easy enough to follow.

It be really awesome if someone could give me a step by step instruction or at least point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
:)

Hi,
as i know there is no way to define multiple bar lengths for the song sections while midi import
so i am gonna suggest a workaround
i would open the midi file in my DAW and fix the section lengths according to longer section's length
let's assume we have 5 sections
1-intro (2 bars)
2-verse (8 bars)
3-pre chorus (8 bars)
4-chorus (16 bars)
5-outro (4 bars)
i would multiple/fix all sections to 16 bars and would use this settings in RC midi import

this is not the way you are looking for i guess .. but only way i can imagine ..
i hope it helps.

Thanks for the work around Yellukhan!

I learned a lot from your posts, this might be workable, so using your example above, when RC imports the midi file it would be in 5 line/parts and then the one with the shortest bar for instance in your example 1-intro (2 bars), I could then go into the structure panel and shorten it to 2 bars? Do this again with the other shorter bar parts.

Is this what you'd normally do?

Thanks again!

i never did this type import before and
actually i didn't think that part till your question but yes it (was) works :D

here is the simple how to (if necessary):
in the video
Red circle : left mouse
Blue circle: right mouse
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Md-fv ... KAxNPubsNa

PS:actually this time i learned something new Thanks to you :)

Oh man this is awesome! I've so many midi sketches I can bring into RC this way!

Thank you for doing this video!

:-)

glad to hear
happy importing then :)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”