phrase, position based mapping instead of semitone, scale

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,

the millionaire dollars question :) : is there any way to able to edit/modify the top (melody) line from phrase editor>container

the top note can't be reached using scale/semitone based mapping in the phrase editor because it's different in different inversions ...the position based mapping 1/2/3/4 etc. would be the handy one in my case, for ex. here I would always select the note in the 4th relative position to able to edit/modify my top melody line from the phrase editor

I'm newbie pls don't kill me if the question is a stupid one :scared: hope it makes sense
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

so as it can be seen I can modify notes only in given scale/semitone mapping positions ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndC_R-v2_Q8

how can I modify the top line where the notes are always in the 4th position in a given phrase ...

Hi,
i am trying to understand why you are using Phrase Container..
anyway..

when you want to manually edit the Generators if you switch to Note Edit Mode (F2)
((instead of opening phrases in the Phrase Editor)) i think would more logical..
you can draw/edit your notes as you wish in the song timeline..

but!
if you want to edit and save your phrases to library
in the Phrase Editor
for avoiding out of scale notes:
right click to empty area to open Note Inspector
click to wrench icon in the Note Inspector window
see there "Note Offset"
click to one of the note that you draw
be sure there is no "Semitones" involved
check all the notes you draw
reset Semitones to "0"
and use Scale steps to create the voices you want
"Scale Steps" is ok .. you can use it as you wish,
notes that has Scale Steps will always fits the any scale that you use..

then save your phrase.
i hope it helps!

EDIT:
forgot to say
i believe there is no "stupid question" when we want to/try to learn/understand something! :tu:

"We will do another
Phrase Editor tutorial video in the future, explaining higher Note Indexes and what parameters need to be set to make a
Custom Phrase that works with extended chord types (7ths, 9ths, 11ths, etc). It takes some experimentation, so don’t be
afraid to experiment and see what you can come up with! In the meantime, we’ve included many Custom Phrases for you
to choose from and use!"
found in the 2.8 docs, has it been already published ?

xbitz wrote:the top note can't be reached using scale/semitone based mapping in the phrase editor because it's different in different inversions ...the position based mapping 1/2/3/4 etc. would be the handy one in my case, for ex. here I would always select the note in the 4th relative position to able to edit/modify my top melody line from the phrase editor
Yes, I am afraid due to the inversions (and possibly phrase transposition using the 'notes' setting) it is not possible to tell in advance which note will be the highest :(

However when you edit a phrase, you can select the note to be the 'highest chord note' which is guaranteed to be the top chord note (7th for a 7th chord or 5th for a major, etc)
xbitz wrote:I'm newbie pls don't kill me if the question is a stupid one :scared: hope it makes sense
As yellukhan wrote, there is no stupid question :)
xbitz wrote:found in the 2.8 docs, has it been already published ?
Please use the wiki which is more up-to-date than that old pdf manual.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

^^^ "However when you edit a phrase, you can select the note to be the 'highest chord note' which is guaranteed to be the top chord note (7th for a 7th chord or 5th for a major, etc)"

THX !!! :tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”