v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 am I still have 3.9b1c so is there a difference? It doesn't see this beta in the update.
i believe all ..
but !!
i didn't read after first two titles :D

what Random Note Generator (RNG) does & results of one night mess with:
(video HQ processing will take a while probably)
i think first 10-15 mins will gives the idea about RNG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G926dGv ... e=youtu.be

and a report .. i guess..
i am 100 % sure all midi files are 4 bars long .. but..
is it could be related to midi files some how ? or bug/something forgotten?

EDIT: i mean Batch / Scale Relative import.

Hi Attila!
About Chord Selector/For Chord Progression ..
Unfortunately, for the time being, for the Voice changes (from the drop-down menu) to take effect, during the playback of the Generation of Progressions preview cycle, you must stop the preview cycle and start playing the cycle again.
And, of course, It’s very good that you made it possible to change the duration of the chords during the playback of the preview cycle, but I meant rather changing the length of the cycle itself, so that the progression length remains the same. For example, I have a progression length of 8 chords, but I want to hear 4 or 6 chords in a loop.
Nevertheless, I want to repeat the request for the possibility of making Rules from the progressions (save or drag or Copy / Paste), from the Preview of progressions and the Master Track of Chords and the Chord Browser.
Thank you.

I fixed the voicing during progression preview, so all voicing changes can be heard immediately during preview.
I could not reproduce and fix the crash above, but made everything more solid, and fixed another bug.

I realized this live chord progression preview is more useful than I expected: I managed to create nice progressions with it: just add extension notes, change voicing, etc, all these during previewing the chords.

Dragging/dropping chords from the preview will be implemented shortly.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

:tu: Thank you very much !

Hey, playing with voicings and such, found a draw bug in the chord selector, scale degrees tab. If I try to resize from the dotted diamond bottom right, I get a black bar at the bottom of the dialog and it doesn't resize.

In addition to the above.. Unless I missed something, I see no split note capability in the phrase editor. I have a 48 bar long test note. lol Wanted to try something completely different, as Monty would have said. ;)

EDIT: My "global" split phase shortcut stopped working. It showed that I had a key stroke set, but, wasn't working. I reset the keystroke to the same key and now it works. So, the definition got lost somehow.

Hi Attila!
When I drag the midi file to the head of the track, the contents of the track are replaced by the midi file, but when I drag the phrase from the browser to the head of the track, this does not happen. Is it possible to fix this? Thanks .

Also, when I drag the phrase from the browser to the track where the phrase already exists, a menu appears with a choice of actions into which I propose to add the action “mix phrases (or glue)” Thank you.

Hi BluGenes,

double-clicking in a note will split it. In addition you'll find "Split Selected Notes At Playback Position" if you want to split multiple notes, and "Split Selected Notes On Grid" in the inspector.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi lulukom!

I am afraid I don't understand your request. If you drop a phrase on the track header the track will be filled with the phrase. This is how it works. Do you mean an option to delete everything from the track before filling it?

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm Hi Attila!
When I drag the midi file to the head of the track, the contents of the track are replaced by the midi file, but when I drag the phrase from the browser to the head of the track, this does not happen. Is it possible to fix this? Thanks .

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:14 pm Hi BluGenes,

double-clicking in a note will split it. In addition you'll find "Split Selected Notes At Playback Position" if you want to split multiple notes, and "Split Selected Notes On Grid" in the inspector.

Thanks,
Attila

lol yea, call it a brain fart on that..

Anyways, your last update for fixing the drawing issue with dialogs, itself has a new issue. I was able to video the problem. In some cases, I get a black bar at the bottom of the box, or, the dialog goes completely black. It is apparent in the scale degrees tab of the chord selector and I also found it in the note property dialog called from the phrase editor.

Hi Attila!
Yes, in principle, you understood me correctly)
Of course, I know that transferring a phrase from the browser to the head of the track fills the track with this phrase, but when there is already a phrase on the track, I suggest replacing it with a new one from the browser or (as an option in the menu) glue it with available on the track. But do not have phrases that lie on each other) Thank you.

yellukhan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 pm
BluGenes wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 am I still have 3.9b1c so is there a difference? It doesn't see this beta in the update.
i believe all ..
but !!
i didn't read after first two titles :D

what Random Note Generator (RNG) does & results of one night mess with:
(video HQ processing will take a while probably)
i think first 10-15 mins will gives the idea about RNG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G926dGv ... e=youtu.be
And how do you do this ?. I see that random note generator only do 1 random note in the phrase.
have melodies with many same hight repetition sound good, or if there only 2 note height that change depend on a rythm. But i see no GUI features that let it do with random note generator.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi magicmusic,

if i get your Q. right,
Random Note Generator (RNG) is basically creates "one" note for triggering the wave loops inside your DAW
(Reaper + Kontakt in this case)
depends on what you want to trigger with .. it could be drum loops or bass loops or melody loops..
in my case main scenario it creates one random trigger note to trigger drum loops inside the Kontakt patches ..

means i can fill 128 keys x 127 velocity = 16256 loops in a single Kontakt patch and access them randomly via RNG .. so accessing them with just the note and velocity values
without dealing with Midi Program Change / Channel messages etc..

actually concept is:
having/using RNG with the Idea Tool
otherwise i believe will not make much sense.

i made special Kontakt patches especially for this setup,
every single note in the Kontakt patch contains up to 127 different loops
inside the 1 to 127 velocity values..
for example let's say note is C-2 .. that one note can have 127 loops in the note velocities

in this case RNG creates one random note and one random velocity value to trigger one of the loops inside that Kontakt patches..

another usage could be a keyswitch trigger
for example some of the Guitar libraries has keyswitch abilities
for accessing to different built in Guitar Strum patterns
you can limit RNG Min. and Max. key ranges to that Keyswitch range
and randomly access them in the Idea Tool.
of course you can easily create Custom Phrases just for to this keyswitches,
and use them in the Idea Tool to trigger that patterns..
but in my case because of phrase count it was impossible without RNG :)

i hope make sense.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”