v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:17 pm yea and another big gotcha with Kontact 6 is if you re-sample the libraries, anything that worked with Kontact 5 will no longer work with Kontact 5, only 6. So, you have to weigh the pro's and con's of that.. If you re-sample, they load faster, but no longer work, or if you don't, they load longer but still work with the older player.
when you say "resample" do you mean re-save?

yes.. the re-save.. sorry about that.. another thing to note is they did away with 8 out and 16 out versions as well. So, it is just the one new version..

Thanks

Hi Attila!
Talk about ... Chord Selector / For Chord Progressions ...
I suggest making some improvement in the playback cycle so that you can choose the length of the progression cycle. A possible solution would be the band under those chords that will be played in the loop.
Perhaps as in my picture (drawing a red bar under the progression chords shows the length of the playback cycle).. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Found more ghost phrase bugs.. hey it's Halloween! lol.. Ghost does not play well when saving as selected phrases to the phase dialog. Obviously I selected the ghost phrase for this.. Causes a funny display when trying to drag from dialog to work space OR it crashes when selecting the new phrase and choosing "F" to fill.

This sounds spooky, BluGenes :)
I'll fix this bug shortly.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

new issue.. I was getting an error on loading the "untitled" history data, so, I deleted the untitled composition. Now, I get an error because it can't find the file. I unchecked the "load on startup" and that doesn't work, because, it's not saving the configuration. I have been playing with custom phrase file locations and noticed that when I change the location and quit, it's the same after a re start. It seems to be causing a silent crash on exit, so, nothing is getting written.

EDIT: Never mind, documents folder became read only.. fixed..

Hi Attila!
There is one annoying inconvenience that I would ask to fix (improve?)
Chord selector / For chord progressions ... - I press CTRL + 3 and generate chord progressions and I hear the preview in the loop - everything is fine!
But during this process, when I turn on the Builder tab and select Voices for the selected chord from the drop-down menu, I observe visual changes in the name of the selected chord, BUT by ear, the Voices of the selected chord do not change!
I beg you to make it possible to hear the changes in the Voices of the Selected Chord in the preview loop!
And related to the above ...Is it possible to make in the Master track Inspector, the command "Save selected chords in the master track as Chord Rules"? It would help a lot in applying various Rules, in generating chords!
And one more trifle ..)
In the color settings of the interface, I could not find the color changes of the switching and highlighting frames of the chords, for chords in the generated progressions. Thank you

I will supplement my previous post ..
When generating and playing progressions, it would be very desirable to set the locks of the selected chords and continue to generate the progressions again, but with unchanged locked chords. Thank you.

Hi lulukom,

I improved the progression preview, so that you can change chords, add/remove chords and change lengths during preview. I'll upload a beta version soon, hopefully today.
When generating and playing progressions, it would be very desirable to set the locks of the selected chords and continue to generate the progressions again, but with unchanged locked chords.
Yes, good idea!

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks 😊

RapidComposer v3.9b1 is available!

Improvements:
  • MIDI file batch conversion to scale-relative phrases is possible when you drop MIDI files on the Phrase Browser
  • New experimental phrase generator: 'Random Note Generator' which is useful for triggering patterns/keyswitches. It should be enabled under 'Experimental Features'.
  • It is possible to replace chords, add/remove chords, change chord lengths during the chord progression preview
  • When splitting ghost phrases, they are converted to regular phrases (ghosts always inherit the original size)
  • Splitting resized/scaled phrases fixed

Yay! :hyper: :party: :love:

Thank you so much!

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new beta.
I have many questions about chord progression previews.
But in order,
1. During the playback of the preview of the chord progressions, I wanted to check if there were any changes in hearing the voices from the Voices menu in the Builder and received an immediate crash (report attached) Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I still have 3.9b1c so is there a difference? It doesn't see this beta in the update.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”