v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

+1!
But why only 1/4? A piece of any length should be locked))

alienaircraftmusic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 pm MojaveOS 10.14.6

There is a bug when using RC as a VST in Studio One Pro 4.5.3. The CPU will spike and stays at a
I need a few days because my Studio One demo has expired and I must get an NFR license from PreSonus. They were friendly in the past so I hope I can check and fix this issue shortly.
On the other hand the RC VST plug-in works well with Reaper on Mojave.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

lulukom wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am +1!
But why only 1/4? A piece of any length should be locked))
If its possible to lock every length is better but i look in my feature suggestions if they can easy program and bring good result. have look buttons for every 1/4 is much more easy to program as have zones of variable length.

have lock zones of variable length how do you suggest should this display in the GUI ?.

if have lock buttons every 1/4 then this buttons can also use to contain a slice number. so it is possible to set it to lock and to a slice number.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Yes, you may be right! ..
I just proceed from my ideas about slicing midi notes. I do not like the mathematical approach to musical phrases. I believe that in this variation it would be possible to make a small graphical editor, similar to the way it was done in audio slice editors.
There, by the way, there can be locks and mute and a slider that controls the sensitivity of dividing into individual segments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Idea Tool / Use: Existing Phrases
it seems removes/looses the variations from the Phrase after the IT Global Randomize!

^^
also may i ask an option/settings for Idea Tool:
--Do not collapse the track heights
on Global Randomize / Do not change the track zoom settings at all ?
(especially for the tracks that excluded from Global Randomize i mean)
would very useful i believe :roll:

EDIT:
sorry for the multiple post + edits :oops:

also
--prevent collapsing track heights while switching between parts/lines via double clicks.
:pray:

yellukhan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 pm Idea Tool / Use: Existing Phrases
it seems removes/looses the variations from the Phrase after the IT Global Randomize!
When you use "Existing phrases" the variations are removed from the phrases.
I changed this behaviour: variations are left intact when you set Variations: to "None".

ah!
but i just tried in the same project quickly .. didn't work .. still removes variations even with Variations/Phrase:0.0 settings..
am i missing something obvious?

yellukhan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 pm also may i ask an option/settings for Idea Tool:
--Do not collapse the track heights
OK, I fixed this too! Thanks for letting me know, I did not know it was annoying... :)

Thank you Attila!

well wasn't that much annoying but,
just for sharing what i am up to
Idea Tool/
-one of the tracks contains a MG and Variations (inside the MG.. Slice Phrase, mirrors, Transpose .. etc.
to try different alternatives of the same melody..)
-other tracks for the accompaniment so they will get randomized with the IT Global Randomize..

i don't want to randomize that MG track (because of the Slice Phrase Variation needs special care :love: )
and also i don't want to get this track resized automatically on every Global Randomize & while switching between the arrange parts ..

short: i want that track always in the same zoom settings for continue to work without resizing it very often :D

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 pm

There is a bug when using RC as a VST in Studio One Pro 4.5.3. The CPU will spike and stays at a
I need a few days because my Studio One demo has expired and I must get an NFR license from PreSonus. They were friendly in the past so I hope I can check and fix this issue shortly.

Thanks,
Attila
Ok Thanks. There is no rush; just a fix that would be nice for the future.
MacOS 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Studio One 4.6
Rapid Composer, Orb Composer

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:19 am
BluGenes wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:42 pm hey.. I think this would be so awesome.. can we have a button near the area of the selected chord that is displayed when viewing the master track dialog that says "Add Chord to Chord Rules". Maybe right next to the piano roll on the dialog. well maybe at least start the journey to get it to the rules.. anyways..
Brilliant idea. Maybe it would be more logical to place it in Quick Suggestions? (mockup):

It will be possible to select multiple chords or even a whole chord progression, and add them all to the current rules. This way you can build your own rules easily.

Thanks!
Attila

forgot about this .. LOL, just came to a point were I could use this..

I am sorry, this is not yet implemented. I'll do my best to add it for the next beta....

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm I am sorry, this is not yet implemented. I'll do my best to add it for the next beta....
No hurry on that.. but, I did find a new bug.. Add 3 or 4 tracks to a project, the last track doesn't resize properly when you double click the track header.. it stays full screen..

EDIT: Ok, oddly it is now working correctly..

alienaircraftmusic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Thanks,
Attila
Ok Thanks. There is no rush; just a fix that would be nice for the future.
Hi alienaircraftmusic,

EDIT: I received a license to Studio One and checking this issue now.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”