v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Cool! :)

+1

tadaa! :D

what about?

i had a new realize moment :hihi:
is this discussed already?
wouldn't be fantastic if the Slice Phrase Variation integrated to all Generators?
(but of course especially to MG) :o

yellukhan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 am i had a new realize moment :hihi:
wouldn't be fantastic if the Slice Phrase Variation integrated to all Generators?
Or, I think even better, the ability to add a variation to a group of selected phrases at once. Would be easier for Atilla to code..

EDIT: Sorry, you can already do this, but, only works from the variations dialog, which is actually great! Accidental happy find!

BluGenes wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am Or, I think even better, the ability to add a variation to a group of selected phrases at once. Would be easier for Atilla to code..

EDIT: Sorry, you can already do this, but, only works from the variations dialog, which is actually great! Accidental happy find!
:D shhh!
i am still dreaming of using Slice Phrase Variation in the IT and this is the only but most expensive workaround so far i found

joking apart
i also start to believe it would great to have natively/inherently in the Melody Generator!

yellukhan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 am
BluGenes wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am Or, I think even better, the ability to add a variation to a group of selected phrases at once. Would be easier for Atilla to code..

:D shhh!
i am still dreaming of using Slice Phrase Variation in the IT and this is the only but most expensive workaround so far i found

joking apart
i also start to believe it would great to have natively/inherently in the Melody Generator!
I agree!

Just a heads up, found a bug with my suggestion.. If you select all the phrases, and use add chord notes, it doesn't use the choices in the variations dialog. Example, choose 2 notes, interval below, mute originals. It only applies the default. But, it does add across the selected phrases.

EDIT: My hot key to save phrases to group only saves the first phrase, too.. not all the selected..

And found a phrase selection bug while trying my shortcut ideas. You can shift select contiguous phrases, but, you can't control-click to select phrases. So, you couldn't select every other phrase, then drop a variation from the dialog on those selected. Also, if I alt-click a phrase I get the replace phrase popup, but don't understand why..

MojaveOS 10.14.6

There is a bug when using RC as a VST in Studio One Pro 4.5.3. The CPU will spike and stays at a constant 100 percent, ultimately disrupting the entire process and playback of Studio One. The interesting thing is, it only does this if the RC app is not on top and if the CPU spike happens if you put RC back on top the spike will stop.

Also, if you are using RC as a VST in SO PRO 4.5.3 and you are done with RC and close it, it will cause SO to crash. I'm not sure if the source of these issues are from Studio One or RC
MacOS 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Studio One 4.6
Rapid Composer, Orb Composer

Thanks for reporting these bugs and annoyances, I am investigating them.
Thanks!
Attila

I have fixed the following:
- Ctrl-click toggle phrase selection did not work
- saving multiple phrases is possible for phrases having the same name (the program assumed that phrases with the same name are indeed the same, so it did not save them. Naming phrases is not mandatory.)

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:08 am I have fixed the following:
- Ctrl-click toggle phrase selection did not work
- saving multiple phrases is possible for phrases having the same name (the program assumed that phrases with the same name are indeed the same, so it did not save them. Naming phrases is not mandatory.)
what about the variations dialog not using settings from there on multiple phrases?

erased

It never worked, but I try to do something with it...

yellukhan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 am i had a new realize moment :hihi:
this is a good idea and usefull, but i think for the generators page it help more, when it is possible to lock 1/4 range from create new when regenerate is press or something is change. every 1/4 have a button to lock. then can lock the pieces that should not change and sound good. so only the pieces that sound not good can modify or regenerate
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “MusicDevelopments”