v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:04 am awesome on the update.. I can't consistently reproduce this one, but, it seems on the first run, when I open the phrase browser, and click on a phrase or generator, I get the save phrase dialog box. After canceling, it doesn't re-appear.. the beta before this was doing it too..
Yes, I know this. If you hold the mouse button slightly longer, the program considers it a drag operation, and when you release the button, it is like a drop operation on the phrase browser, which opens the save phrase dialog. Now I increased the time a little bit to avoid unintended dragging.

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:38 am Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
Unfortunately, pop up help has to wait a very long time (on my system) and I can’t adjust it ... Thank you.
Yes, very good point, lulukom! On macOS there were several issues with the pop-up help. I fixed everything, and made the shortest waiting time even shorter...

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:44 am weird crash.. crashes on rhythm preview...
Hi BluGenes,

I have fixed this bug very quickly, thanks for the video and bug report! :tu:
I wish everyone would include a video when reporting a bug, preferably with narration :hihi:

Thanks,
Attila

hehe, no problem.. I had another crash as well, different circumstances.. Will try to reproduce it in a bit, however, it is quite possible that this is related to that last one..

Yes, there was an obvious bug in Rhythm Mapper when the rhythm did not contain any notes...
Hold on, I'll upload an update in the next hour.

RapidComposer v3.8b5 is available!

Things are looking good. Thanks for the feedback! :love:

v3.8Beta5 changes:
  • Metronome works for playback too in the phrase editor
  • [macOS] Fix problems with the pop-up help timing
  • Fixed a hanging bug in Rhythm Mapper
  • Idea Tool now shows the UI for Slice Phrase

Hi there,

Please let me know where I can download RapidComposer v3.8b5? Thanks

John

johncwc852 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:31 pm Hi there,

John
Hi John,
please see the first post of this thread

i was going to try to create multiple instances with locked formulas to see how is sound with long MG settings in the IT
in the Variations: .. am seeing only one slice .. is this intended / by design?

yellukhan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm

John
Hi John,
Thanks but I can't find the way to get the job done. Just saw a title with lots of code like this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below....

Please give me a hand. Thanks!

johncwc852 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:34 pm

John
Hi John,
Thanks but I can't find the way to get the job done. Just saw a title with lots of code like this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below....

from Attila's post:

This is not public beta testing. The download URL cannot be displayed here, but you can change the normal download URL (sent in e-mail and in announcements) this way:
old URL: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/############.php
new URL: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/############betav3.php
I will gladly send you the download URL in e-mail if needed.

use the link that provided in your purchase confirmation email
and just change the end part as in the example above..
or .. might be better send a request email directly to Attila.

yellukhan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:51 pm
johncwc852 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:34 pm

John
Hi John,

from Attila's post:

This is not public beta testing. The download URL cannot be displayed here, but you can change the normal download URL (sent in e-mail and in announcements) this way:
old URL: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/############.php
new URL: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/############betav3.php
I will gladly send you the download URL in e-mail if needed.

use the link that provided in your purchase confirmation email
and just change the end part as in the example above..
or .. might be better send a request email directly to Attila.
Thanks a lot I'll try it.

yellukhan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm i was going to try to create multiple instances with locked formulas to see how is sound with long MG settings in the IT
in the Variations: .. am seeing only one slice .. is this intended / by design?
Yes, I am afraid :( "Slice phrase" works by displaying and manipulating slices in an existing phrase. The number of actual slices depend on the phrase notes.
In the IT ("Idea Tool" for newcomers ;) ) there is no phrase for the Slice Phrase variation, that is why you see only 1 slice. You cannot manipulate something that you don't know about, so that is why.

Thanks,
Attila

Ah!
with the IT
i was exited about repetitive, track-able melody possibilities with the one click randomization !
plus ability to try different slice parts that you didn't like .. anytime - quickly - non destructive way.
so i assumed Slice Phrase Variation can bu used as an alternative way to the IT Manual Formula..

:cry:

but .. fair enough! :hug:

Must have!!! Hot key for saving selected phrase to phrase browser! with the auto name stuff!

Yea, playing with the new slice phrase variation, I can come up with neat phrasing and think this would be really, really helpful.

(unless I missed this..)

EDIT: I found the shortcut!!! woo hoo!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”