v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

crossovercable wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:56 am I don't know what I'm doing wrong:
You are using the wrong version ;)
v3.7b7 is not the latest version, please download v3.7 (released a few days ago) which has the fix.
There is no beta version at the moment.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Ok so it's in the official non beta.
To get chords easily into RC you can have options like GNMIDI to get chords from Text, Lyrics, Markers or Band in a Box META from a midi file, see pic below

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am
crossovercable wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:20 am On another note will it now keep the locked keyswitch notes lock when converting to
a phrases generator ?
I am not sure I fully understand this question. When you convert a phrase to a phrase generator, only the rhythm remains, the notes are recreated by the generator.
The bottom phrase is the original with absolute locked notes keyswitches,
if it's "Convert to Phrases Generator > Melody Generator" (the top ones) it will lose the locked notes and I need to add them again each time I make a new riff out of it.

I see :(
It is not possible to keep the keyswitch notes, because all notes are created by the phrase generator. The good news is that very soon (I hope in the next version) you'll be able to assign MIDI CC's and keyswitches to phrases and notes which will belong to the phrase or note, rather than having keyswitches as ordinary notes.

Sounds great !
So would that work with something like Tod's Pedal Steel ?
https://todsvirtualinstruments.com/tods ... tutorials/

I suppose how it is now I just need to copy paste a keyswitch only phrase under each melody generator.
But if you can come up with some way to have the chord import option from midi would be great.

to avoid the loss of keyswitches i currently use 2 tracks that output at same channel. 1 track have the generator notes, other track have the keyswitches. the track with keyswitches can be in drum mode so the name of the keyswitch can see.when arrange the song i use the structure feature so all tracks are duplicate or copy to correct place

but perfect solution is of course when keyswitches can stay in phrases and there can see the name of the keyswitch
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

+1 and a built in editor! hehe

magicmusic wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am to avoid the loss of keyswitches i currently use 2 tracks that output at same channel. 1 track have the generator notes, other track have the keyswitches.....
How do you get that to send, at the moment I have to use ReaStream
with MiniHost
Mac
Win

crossovercable wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:22 pm How do you get that to send, at the moment I have to use
I use RC in standalone version and can choose for each track a channel 1-16. I use MUX and a rapidrack preset. this have for 5 channels 5 racks with 6 slots(for instrument and effects) and a master rack for master effects and a mixer. the same MUX rack need choose for all RC tracks and not new instance. so all channels use same MUX Synth VSTi. this is my workaround until RC get master effects and a mixer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crossovercable wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 am Ok so it's in the official non beta.
To get chords easily into RC you can have options like GNMIDI to get chords from Text, Lyrics, Markers or Band in a Box META from a midi file, see pic below

Here's a pg music midi with the chords you might be able to see what needs to import from the midi to get the chords into RC.

chords 1bar.mid

RapidComposer v3.8b1 is available!

You have no excuse not to compose EDM genres with RapidComposer :lol:
A new rhythm generator (Modern Rhythm) and a new phrase generator (Modern Chord Pattern Generator) were added to help you to create nice chord patterns for house, trance, dubstep, trip-hop, DnB...

This beta version features the redesigned master track, and lots of internal rework and optimization. Please let me know about any issues. Enjoy!

Improvements:
  • New rhythm generator: 'Modern Rhythm' for making rhythm patterns used in modern styles (house, trance, dubstep, trip-hop, DnB, etc)
  • New phrase generator: 'Modern Chord Pattern Generator' for making chord patterns used in modern styles (house, trance, dubstep, trip-hop, DnB, etc)
  • New rhythm generator: 'Modern Random Rhythm' (experimental, may be removed from final release)
  • Redesigned master track with chord coloring and preview
  • More intuitive way of handling master track clicks: quick suggestions and other helpers are displayed on demand
  • For multiple chord selection 'edit' and 'dice' icons appear at the top which lets you edit or regenerate the chords
  • User interface engine reworked internally. Rendering on macOS is several times faster.

the modern chord pattern generator and modern rythm is a real good idea. i like no house trance..... but the rythms come from rythm generator i like alot. also the on note per time sound good

the chord selector is much better now

I try the note look, but all chords are visible and i disable for test all notes. hiw does it work ?. should it not hide above chords ?please see screenshot
note filter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new version!
Remind me please, how can I increase the size of the letter symbols of chords in the master track?
Thank !

Bummer with the new v8b1 beta --

On Mac OS X 10.12.6, can't drag the bar length tab, see annotated screenshot below:
2019-07-16_12-12-22.jpg

Follow-Up:

Just tried again and now that's not happening. It happened on first launch, but the next two times I opened RC it didn't happen again

CRASH

Return to “MusicDevelopments”