v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

lulukom wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 am It is a pity that you can not change the length of the lines with the mouse yet)
I have big plans with that structure ribbon, so shortly this may work too...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

:tu:

I found a crashing bug in the new beta, please don't download it until further notice.
Thanks, lulukom!

The beta version is re-uploaded now. You can download it with full confidence ;)
Thanks,
Attila

hey.. I think this would be so awesome.. can we have a button near the area of the selected chord that is displayed when viewing the master track dialog that says "Add Chord to Chord Rules". Maybe right next to the piano roll on the dialog. well maybe at least start the journey to get it to the rules.. anyways..

+1 And enter with midi keyboard!)

+2
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

me again .. just thinking out loud:

wouldn't be much more logical if the
"mouse hold & drag" and "Ctrl & mouse hold & drag"
move/zoom functions was inverted?
which one do we use most .. zoom / move ?

Hello,

I would like to report a couple bugs in v3.7b5 (or at least I suspect they are, please let me know if they are intentional):

Bug when filling with "F" and had used a region before:
* Select a region in the timeline
* Over the region, right click and uncheck "Region enabled". Therefore the region no longer appears in the timeline.
* Select a phrase or generator and press "F"
* The track only fills with the phrase/generator the section where the region had been previously selected. As the region was disabled and no longer appeared in the timeline I would have expected this to be equivalent to "no region selected" and I would have expected the entire track to be filled with the phrase/generator and not only the "formerly selected" region.

Bug when filling with "F" and using a Strum generator preset.
* If you save a strum generator preset and drag it to the track, it appears correctly.
* If you instead select the preset and press "F" to fill the track, the track is filled only with the rhythm but not with the strum itself, which I suspect is not correct.

Thanks!

Hello,

A feature request:

When you select multiple generators in a track, and you enter the generator properties, it says that you cannot edit them because they are multiple generators selected.

Could it be possible to edit the properties of multiple generators, as long as they are the same type? For example that way we could quickly change common properties and then modify them one by one to tweak them.

I understand this could be difficult to do, as it would involve showing for example, the parameters "not touched" by the user as "not going to be modified in the individual generators" (maybe in less saturated color or grayscale), while the parameters that the user modifies will be highlighted to show that they would be applied to all the selected generators when the user clicks "Apply to selection"

Of course, considering the complexity of the generators and their parameters, dependency on rhythms, etc, I suppose this could only offer a limited ability to change parameters in a selection of generators, but it would be better than it is now (not possible at all).

I hope this makes sense somehow. Thanks!

Hello,

Another feature request about the structure ribbon.

In 3.7b5 there is now the ability to rearrange lines, etc, moving the ribbon with the mouse.

However, I think it would be great if we could make some additional modifications, for example:
* Selecting the intersection between two parts (or two lines) and using left mouse button (or combined with a modifier such as Shift), resize the previous part/line for example making room for more bars/beats or removing part of the end of the previous part/line.

* Selecting the intersection between two parts (or two lines) and using left mouse button (or combined with a different modifier such as Ctrl), move the intersection itself to another bar/beat (without moving the contents), effectively changing what bars/beats are included in the parts/lines. I think this would be really useful to make the RC Structure really practical. For example, we could get an existing composition that was made without parts/lines and using the mouse set the parts/lines to accomodate the composition very quickly.

I hope I'm not being too obscure. If needed, I can prepare some "mockup" screenshots to show what I mean.

Thanks!

Another feature request:

The small lines just above the chords bar that are used to select the new playback cursor position are really small and it's difficult to click exactly on them (many times I click in the chords or select a region by mistake). Can they be made longer (2x or more?)

Also when the quick suggestions window is open, we cannot click in those small lines in the bar chord where the window is open. I think it would be useful if we could click in those lines (in that case the suggestions window would disappear, as if we had clicked in those lines in a different bar for example)
Sin título.png
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Another feature request that would be very useful (and I think this has been requested by other users) is to be able to see/modify the velocity (and perhaps other note parameters) graphically in the Phrase Editor in a panel below the main phrase editor window, similar to what already appears in the main page when using Note Editing?

Thank you very much, I hope not being abusing you or the forum with so many requests... I understand you are really busy...

Best regards.

Another feature request (I think this was also requested by other users if I'm not mistaken, but I could be wrong) to add to the Rhythm, Chords, Scales and Progressions browsers the same buttons already present in the Phrases browser (one click preview, reload, etc), so we can quickly hear a preview in the browser and if we modify the text configuration files to be able to reload them without having to exit RC (or the DAW where RC is being used as a VST).

Thank you very much!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”