v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

DavidBluecame wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:03 am So it seems that dragging phrases/generators into the composition is not recorded in the history, so if you "undo" that, it will actually undo all the "dragged" phrases *and* the last "recorded" action (instrument patch change in this case)
Hello David,

thank you, that was exactly the issue. I have fixed this bug.
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but some specific track changes are not recorded in the history. For example when you change the name/color of a track, or when you change the state of a VSTi instrument, they do not appear in the history. However, perhaps this is the intended behaviour?
These have to be fixed too, I think all these changes should be saved.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Minor annoyance (but it's annoying ;-) There seems to be an issue with the "tooltips". If you hover your mouse over a certain setting and, for some reason you miss the tooltip, when you hover your mouse again on that setting the tooltip does not show again. I found out that you need to hover the mouse over a different option until the tooltip appears and then hover your mouse again over the option you are interested in to see the tooltip appearing again.

Thanks!

Yes, this is deliberately so :)
The tooltip is not displayed twice one after the other for the same element. That is annoying too when the tooltip keeps opening...
Maybe this could be a preference.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:07 am Yes, this is deliberately so :)
The tooltip is not displayed twice one after the other for the same element. That is annoying too when the tooltip keeps opening...
Maybe this could be a preference.

Thanks,
Attila
The tooltip display behavior in RC has been a bit off-putting for me as well. I think I would prefer to see it behave more like how it currently does when you hover the mouse pointer over the various Smilies that show up in this forum's post form:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I see! So it should stay open until the mouse leaves the UI element frame...

Hello,

In beta 3.7b4 I've just found a couple nasty bugs in the "save incremental" function (I love that function by the way, but needs to be fixed or bad things could happen):

Bug 1: Incorrect filename when saving.
Procedure to replicate:
* Create new composition (default, 4 bars, etc)
* Save as "Untitled" for example: a file "Untitled.rcCOMP" and a folder "Untitled.rcCOMP.history" are generated, which is correct)
* Click "Save composition (incremental): a folder "Untitled1.rcCOMP.history" appears but there is *no* "Untitled1.rcCOMP". Instead it seems that it overwrote the existing "Untitled.rcCOMP", which (I believe) should not happen.
* Click again "Save composition (incremental): a folder "Untitled2.rcCOMP.history" appears and now a file "Untitled1.rcCOMP" appears too, but there is no "Untitled2.rcCOMP"!

It seems that RC is using different counters for the new "incremental file name" and the counter used for the actual composition file name might be wrong.

Bug 2: Incorrect incremental filename after 10, start overwriting the older versions!
Procedure to replicate:
* Create new composition (default, 4 bars, etc)
* Save as "Untitled" for example: a file "Untitled.rcCOMP" and a folder "Untitled.rcCOMP.history" are generated, which is correct)
* Click "Save composition (incremental) several times. In addition to the bug explained above, when the file name suffix number reaches 10, the next time you click "Save composition (incremental)" it goes back to 2 and starts overwriting (without warning) the previous versions!

Thanks and best regards!

I still do not see the history of phrases ..

A small bug (I believe), If you drag a scale from the scales browser into the scale sections in the master track they ignore the change. Perhaps this is intended behavior or should it change when you drag a scale?

Thanks!

+1 I have already reported this before)

lulukom wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:49 pm I still do not see the history of phrases ..
Hello,

Have you enabled "Show history for phrases" in the Miscellaneous->Editing settings?

Hello ! I know about it, but it is already included with me, but does not work!)

When I use a separate scale for the selected phrase, I can’t choose a different font and color (unlike the phrase name) - it’s not convenient to see))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulukom wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:57 pm Hello ! I know about it, but it is already included with me, but does not work!)
That's weird, it's working for me at 3.7b4... I can see the two arrows that allow me to go back and forth in the phrase history...

Mac Os ?

history.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”