v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

yellukhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 pm a quick report
resized (via IT formula) phrases becomes full in the Note Editing mode
Of course I fixed this, thanks for reporting!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you Attila!

but seems he is survived in the arrange mode :D

I'll check this, but I think it is intentional that you edit the unresized/unmasked phrases without variations.
Editing is not destructive, you original phrase will always remain intact. If it was destructive, it would be a bug if you see the whole phrase again.

Thanks!
Attila

ah! sorry,
now i see why the content of the phrases can't be slide (shift+drag i mean) created in the Idea Tool.
one more in the IT.
confused me a while to figure it out :D
seems Phrases and Rhythm Patterns "Use:" counts still affects the manual formulas!?
wouldn't be more useful less confusing
if the manual formula was total independent from that count settings?

RapidComposer v3.7b2 is available!

Lots of work was put in this update.:phew: Chord and phrase detection during MIDI import was rewritten from scratch. If you import BIAB or EZKeys MIDI files, the improvements are huge. Please read the changes below.

Improvements:
  • Chord detection re-implemented from scratch and improved with user options on the MIDI Import page
  • Phrase detection in imported MIDI files re-implemented from scratch. Old user options removed from Settings / Miscellaneous
  • 'Church Modes' added to scale detection options on the MIDI Import page
  • Workflow improvements: dropping a phrase or chord progression sets the time position and places the dropped item in the clipboard so you can start pasting multiple phrases/progressions immediately. The same happens when you add a phrase by double-clicking.
  • New variation: 'Extract Notes' extracts the specified notes from a phrase, ignores all other notes
  • Incremental save: increase the number in the filename (Ctrl-Alt-S by default)
  • Phrase length fixes when using the custom phrase order, introduced in v3.7b1
  • Fixed: displaying lines/parts with various signatures was incorrect
  • [macOS, VST] 'Bring RapidComposer To Top' button works well, UI fixes

Drag'n'drop midi file to existing track loses first notes. Importing the same midi file with midi import menu works fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for including a MIDI file.
The first notes are there, but the time position vertical line hides them.
The MIDI file contains basically 0-length notes. I added a fix so that zero length notes are handled the same way during MIDI import and MIDI drag-and-drop.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:40 pm RapidComposer v3.7b2 is available!

Lots of work was put in this update.:phew: Chord and phrase detection during MIDI import was rewritten from scratch. If you import BIAB or EZKeys MIDI files, the improvements are huge. Please read the changes below.

Improvements:
  • Chord detection re-implemented from scratch and improved with user options on the MIDI Import page
  • Phrase detection in imported MIDI files re-implemented from scratch. Old user options removed from Settings / Miscellaneous
  • 'Church Modes' added to scale detection options on the MIDI Import page
  • Workflow improvements: dropping a phrase or chord progression sets the time position and places the dropped item in the clipboard so you can start pasting multiple phrases/progressions immediately. The same happens when you add a phrase by double-clicking.
  • New variation: 'Extract Notes' extracts the specified notes from a phrase, ignores all other notes
  • Incremental save: increase the number in the filename (Ctrl-Alt-S by default)
  • Phrase length fixes when using the custom phrase order, introduced in v3.7b1
  • Fixed: displaying lines/parts with various signatures was incorrect
  • [macOS, VST] 'Bring RapidComposer To Top' button works well, UI fixes
You put more into a point release than anybody I know.Full respect for that Attila. I love the new variation "extract notes".

Sean

Hi Attila!
Please accept my admiration for the new improvements!

Thank you soO0oo much! :clap:

Thanks, guys, for the nice comments! :)
Unfortunately a bug appeared in the last beta version, so...

RapidComposer v3.7b3 is available!

Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue appeared in previous beta (e.g. "lock to scale" stopped working)
Not just new features are being added, but existing source code is also reworked and modernized. This results new bugs sometimes, I am sorry about it.
This work under the hood is not visible and not interesting for users but it is necessary to keep a software alive and in good health.

Thanks,
Attila

thank you so much for everything! you're doing everything so great and so fast, it's amazing!

Cheers Attila!

trying the Extract Notes

-seems parameters doesn't shown in the Variation Browser & Idea Tool track Variation List
so we can't make the pre-setup the Notes that will be used in the Idea Tool randomization..
-also manually entering the Absolute Note numbers to extract seems doesn't work

am i missing something ?

I fixed this bug, thank you.

At the moment 'Absolute Note' extraction works for phrases with absolute notes. So you would like to use it for any phrases. I'll see how to fix this easily.
Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”