v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

So articulations need to be defined in the text file ahead of time? Are there some examples of this text file or information about it?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:50 am Yes, but you also need to be able to modify articulations on a complete phrase, for any notes.
I have something in my mind that will revolutionize phrase editing :)
Hi Attila

I mean the rythm contain all note steps in time. and every step in the rythm can have a articulation. and when in 3. step of rythm is articulation change to mute then all notes that create for this 3. rythm step get this articulation.

But if you have a better idea, its great too. i like hear how you think how it should work.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

crossovercable posted in the Tips&Tricks subforum about creating an articulations file for a Kontakt instrument:
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=479776

It is very easy if you have the list of key-switches and MIDI CC's.
In RapidComposer a single articulation can include a key-switch, or a MIDI CC, or both at the same time.
You can open any .rcCTRL file to see how it is done (in /Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB).

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila, I found the examples and will look through them. I'm afraid it won't be of much use to me until there is note-by-note support for articulations, but I like where you're heading. I have sent you a long email just now with some ideas.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Hi Dewdman42, many thanks for the detailed explanation! :tu: I will do my best to include channelization and full rework of articulation for v4.0. I can't wait to start working on it, actually.

I was going to do a Tip n Tricks for the new Band in a Box VST but when you drag the MIDI out of the VST into RC it freezes, these files are already in a local folder, maybe if you had an option to re channel all channel to one like if the guitar midi has each string on a different channel, when the wav files are dragged into a new audio track they don't drop in. EZKeys MIDI dragged from the EZKeys VST also freezes it up, it imports ok with the sustains, drags in ok without sustains but freezes from the vst.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crossovercable wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 pm ...the new Band in a Box VST...
never mind, found it

Hi Attila!
I could not find ..."New setting: 'Maximum Chord Font Size On Master Track "
Where can this be customized?
Thank .

Hi lulukom!
Look for Settings / Miscellaneous / Editing, the one before the bottom item under Editing.
Thanks,
Attila

Thank you, I did not think it was there)

crossovercable wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 pm . EZKeys MIDI dragged from the EZKeys VST also freezes it up, it imports ok with the sustains, drags in ok without sustains but freezes from the vst.
Hello crossovercable,

I tried hard to reproduce the freeze but no avail. I dragged MIDI from EZKeys VST (hosted in Reaper) to RC v3.6 x64 standalone but I was able to drop many MIDI clips without issues. I am not sure how I could recreate these issues.

I found and fixed a non-crashing bug when holding the Ctrl key during MIDI dragging though.

EDIT: I could not use BIAB VST at all:

Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer v3.62b1 is available!

You are going to like this update! :)
Please download it and let me know if you find anything wrong. I plan to release this update on the 7th January so I would be grateful for any feedback.

3.62Beta1 changes:
  • Faster and better quality font rendering, improved typography. As a result the UI became snappier and more esthetic.
  • Auto-Apply option added in the phrase inspector
  • Displaying passing chords in Quick Suggestions
  • New setting: 'Default Master Track Height'
  • New settings: UI and chord fonts, text styles for chord names
  • Typing numbers instead of roman numerals (e.g. 3m as IIIm) is possible when entering chords from the computer keyboard
  • Fixed a crashing bug when dropping chord progressions
  • Fixed: 'generate' button disappeared for master track in the idea tool in v3.6
Thanks,
Attila

When I click on the chord names it seldoms select it. I have to click a great deal to get the chord selector to show up.
If I make the chord selector disapear, by clicking on the background, it always works when clicking next on a chord. That is in standalone mode.
I love the auto-apply by the way !

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
The interface has become faster and more enjoyable.
I, unfortunately, could not find ...
Auto-Apply option added in the phrase inspector
Where is it? What is it ? And how does it work?
Thank .

here:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”