v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

No, it has always worked like that. The phrases are not replaced, but new ones are added when you fill a track.

aha! So it is my memory.. lol.. ok thanks..

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:08 pm RapidComposer v3.6b15 is available!

Thanks for all the feedback and bug reports! :love: This beta is really solid and possibly the last one before v3.6.

Improvements:
  • Strum Pattern Generator new options: 'Auto-Mute Notes Shorter Than...' and 'Use Non-Mute Keyswitch'
thats great, and so fast you have add this. thank you for the features. make alot fun to create phrases with it and sound amazing.

is it possible that you add this feature when you have time sooner or later to the melody and random generator too ?. maybe with choose of a articulation from the articulation list of track. so can choose more than 1 articulation ?

because when have strings or brass or other it sound very good too, when there sometimes come staccato notes
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I am thinking of a general solution, so that any new features added can be applied to all phrase generators (from v4.0).
So I imagine that you could add/remove articulations below the phrase preview, similarly to the Strum Pattern Generator. You could add an articulations lane (or 2 or 3) where you can easily switch on/off articulations.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:11 pm I am thinking of a general solution, so that any new features added can be applied to all phrase generators (from v4.0).
So I imagine that you could add/remove articulations below the phrase preview, similarly to the Strum Pattern Generator. You could add an articulations lane (or 2 or 3) where you can easily switch on/off articulations.
this sound great. but hopefully not too much work. maybe you can do this too for controller pitch bend too.

Is there anything happening to support articulations, via key switching, so that we can create phrases with different articulations and have the key switches automatically sent? I realize this is probably not an easy feature, but would make rapid composer more interesting for orchestral composition.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

You can attach articulations to phrases which are sent at the beginning of a phrase, but I think you mean supporting articulations anywhere inside the phrase. I will do my best to include this feature for the next update.

Thanks,
Attila

Dewdman42 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 am Is there anything happening to support articulations, via key switching, so that we can create phrases with different articulations and have the key switches automatically sent? I realize this is probably not an easy feature, but would make rapid composer more interesting for orchestral composition.
I hope too it come soon.But now with the new strumming generator there is a not optimal but working trick possible. you can create a own track(or more tracks) that output to the same channel as your instrument. if you not want hear notes from strum generator you can click on the number 1-6 to disable all notes. now by choose the shared rythm with the melody you can click on the m button in strummer to add articulations for mute or depend on the articulation note you use

Problem is i see no shared rythm in newer RC. how does shared rythm now work ?

maybe Attila can add easy a feature that it is possible to group phrases. so when move the main phrase with the note, the articulation phrases are move too. ? group of phrases is for other things when arrange usefull too.

because for the mute articulation note that is send you can use more tracks with diffrent articulation, you can then in 3. track choose articulation for pizzicato or so. and as track name can choose pizzicato, so you see which articulation the track send. because in RC it is possible to use shared rythm, you can use a shared so the choose of the articulation in strummer fit always to your melody notes

sure not so clean trick, but it give RC lots more enhance as currently.

magicmusic wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:05 am Problem is i see no shared rythm in newer RC. how does shared rythm now work ?
You can enable using shared rhythms under Settings / Miscellaneous, Experimental features. I did not find it very clean logically, because it made everything more complex.
magicmusic wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:05 am maybe Attila can add easy a feature that it is possible to group phrases. so when move the main phrase with the note, the articulation phrases are move too. ? group of phrases is for other things when arrange usefull too.
This sounds like a good idea! :tu:
Thanks,
Attila

So let me elaborate a little bit on what people typically have to do in order to handle articulations with orchestral sample libraries.. Not all libraries are the same...so there are numerous issues that make the issue kind of complex... but...
  1. sometimes articulations are handled by simply sending different articulations on different midi channels. This is the case, for example, with EastWest products, and others. So for example, if you have a phrase that is a couple of staccato notes, followed by slurred together legato notes, followed by two marcatto notes. The staccato notes are sent on midi channel 1, the legato to midi channel 2, the marcato to midi channel 3.
  2. Some libraries use key switches so that the notes can remain on the same midi channel. This means that for each change of articulation, a key switch...or in some cases, a series of key switches, will be sent out in front of the note, literally sent on the same midi tick as the note itself, but in front of the actual note(that is enough time). The sample library responds to these key switches by changing the sound it generates..in this way a phrase with mixed articulations is possible. Sometimes key switches are Note On events. Sometimes they are CC events and other kinds of events can be used as key switches, but those two are the main ones used.
  3. Its not impossible that someone may be using a mixture of different sample libraries, which mean you might have to mix both channelizing (per point #1 above) and key switching at the same time.
  4. Its also possible to see situations where a crossfader is used, via CC or key velocity...which determines which articulation to play.
That's kind of the top level view, it can get more complicated in certain situations.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 am You can attach articulations to phrases which are sent at the beginning of a phrase,
Can you elaborate a bit on what this feature is?

Dewdman42 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 am You can attach articulations to phrases which are sent at the beginning of a phrase,
I have a video when I added articulations for Miroslav Philharmik 2.. I will have to re-upload it in the next day or so.. As it turns out, the frame rate was wrong and the video is blurred.

But, in the tips and tricks section, there is a thread explaining how to set up the control files.

Dewdman42 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 pm
Sure. After setting an articulations file for the track in the track inspector, you can select an articulation (key-switch or CC) in the phrase inspector that is sent before the first note of the phrase:

What is more, you can assign 2 different articulations for any note (when you enable Note Editing mode):

I don't know how this could be made more convenient. Any suggestions welcome.
The articulations are in editable text files (.rcCTRL). I am happy to help if someone wants to create a new articulations definition file.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:13 am

I don't know how this could be made more convenient. Any suggestions welcome.
The articulations are in editable text files (.rcCTRL). I am happy to help if someone wants to create a new articulations definition file.

Thanks,
Attila
I think the convinient is when it is possible in the rythm to choose the articulation for every rythm step. this work then in all generators.

Yes, but you also need to be able to modify articulations on a complete phrase, for any notes.
I have something in my mind that will revolutionize phrase editing :)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”