v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 am yea, I get a crash after setting chord rules to minor and then start changing chords with chord selector.
Hi BluGenes,

may I ask for a little help? I was not able to reproduce the crash, although I set the same chord and scale than on your screenshot. Can you save a composition that I could use to reproduce this crash?

Many thanks!
Attila

no problem.. I'll have to do a quick video.. I can't get past the setup without a crash.. I can't even get past setting the chords..

My steps are:
1) set rules to minor
2) change scale to B minor (in master track)
3) click on chord to get the chord selector
4) click on chord and crash.

EDIT: Look at that screen shot again..

if you hover the suggested "G" chord, it says it's a G5, and is placed in the timeline as a G5. But, look at the builder and the piano roll. The builder is showing a triad and the piano roll is not showing the 5th.
The B is the 3rd. If you click the "root" button, it corrects itself, and becomes a G major.

I am not able to reproduce the crash yet.. As soon as I go to record the session, it stopped crashing.. it knows I am watching lol.

also, the strum pattern generator is labeled backwards, the low E string on the guitar is string 6, high E is string 1..

Hi Attila

this feature "Clicking on a string number ([1] to [6]) in the Strum Pattern Generator will set the string option for all events at once" work when i click on the number 4 5 6 to disable 3 strings to play power chords with 3 strings, when regenerate(which create other rythm)

It work not, when press the dice button. because then is a pattern allways for all 6 strings create. then i need disable again all 3 strings.

is it possible that it keep the no notes setting ofthe string, even when dice button is press ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pm if you hover the suggested "G" chord, it says it's a G5, and is placed in the timeline as a G5. But, look at the builder and the piano roll. The builder is showing a triad and the piano roll is not showing the 5th.
Please note that is a G major in octave 5 which is also labelled as G5.
The 'note' is printed with bold font, so if you see a bold G and bold 5, that is a G5 note.
If you see a bold G and a regular 5, that is a G fifth chord without a specific octave.

Note the differences:

The piano roll can be scrolled if you right click on it:

BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pmI am not able to reproduce the crash yet.. As soon as I go to record the session, it stopped crashing.. it knows I am watching lol.
I see ;)
BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pmalso, the strum pattern generator is labeled backwards, the low E string on the guitar is string 6, high E is string 1..
Oops, I did not know about that. I'll fix it now. :oops:

Thanks!
Attila

OK, I didn't realize the scroll on the piano roll.. awesome.. Why I said in a disclaimer, "I could be wrong" lol..

Yea, not sure what happened, but, not crashing anymore. I rebooted as well to refresh memory, etc.. still not crashing.

magicmusic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm It work not, when press the dice button. because then is a pattern allways for all 6 strings create. then i need disable again all 3 strings.

is it possible that it keep the no notes setting ofthe string, even when dice button is press ?
Hi magicmusic,

I did this today. Clicking on the dice will respect the empty strings. But I think you won't like the results because it masks the excluded strings, so sometimes there are no notes. E.g if you exclude strings 1,2,3, sometimes string 4,5,6 won't have any notes, when the pattern included only notes in string 1,2 or 3. However the "Regenerate Rhythm" button works well if you want to change the rhythm only.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

maybe it is possible to add a switch or a slider which control the random if string is play on beginning beat. when set to 100 % all strings always play on beginning beat of phrase

Edit: when a phrase is play in preview in loop in phrase editor, maybe it is possible when press stop or play on main window(for play whole song) that the preview in phrase is stop. because i close often the phrase window and forget to stop and press play. then mess is play (main window and phrase window play)
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

state of the Chord Magnet is not taken in account at chord changes on the master track, has to be enabled/re-enabled after every chord changes
Last edited by xbitz on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Yes, I have not thought of that. Any chord change should recreate the voicings.
Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer v3.6b12 is available!

The most important change in this update is reviewing and reworking data locking and thread synchronization. I believe the stability is much better than it was. But of course if you find any issues, please let me know. (Release in one week :x )

Improvements:
  • Strum Pattern Generator will not use the excluded strings when clicking on the dice
  • Strings labelled correctly in the Strum Pattern Generator
  • MIDI Import: "use ghost phrases" option is not set by default
  • Fixed: state of the Chord Magnet was not taken into account when changing chords on the master track
  • Fixed crashes and hangings; data access synchronization fully reworked

Just a thought, but, any way you could include the "Improvements" release notes on the support tab for the beta? Just like the "official" release? This way we don't have to hunt for it in the forums if it got buried in the replies.. maybe define a compiler directive??

big crash/lockup.. I had a project loaded and was changing key switches then it crashed.. Now when I restart, it doesn't load the project, but, loads the VST's it was using and then hangs.. I have to assume that the project became corrupted, but, partially.

I noticed it trying to "recover" last session and then it hangs.

my fix was to just delete the project so that "recovery" was not possible.. so, it seems that maybe a new check is needed? Test for that somehow?

Edit: seems the project file becomes corrupt at some point.. After deleting and restarting a project, it crashed again..

and a ah haha for me, I was able to screen cap a crash.. unfortunately, it may be a day or so before I can post it.. Wish you could enable a memory dump for Windows, aka a crash handler...

:!: Other users also reported lockups (deadlocks) with this latest beta version.
The changes in this latest beta are considered "dangerous", but I tested and used it a lot without issues.
I hope to have a fix today. Sorry about the issues!
Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”