v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Addition :
Crash happens when the chord voicing editor track is open and I change the chord for the master track in the chord selector.

Hi lulukom,
how did you 'clean' the chord? Because the crash occurred for a chord with zero notes, which is not allowed.
I can fix the crash now by adding an extra check but it would be good to know what led to this situation.
Thanks!
Attila

lulukom wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am Addition :
Crash happens when the chord voicing editor track is open and I change the chord for the master track in the chord selector.
Thank you! Now I managed to reproduce it! :tu:

I am very happy. Thank .

xbitz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:55 pm IMO Chord Voicing / chord preview / using selected track (in this case it would phrase preview ...)
This is possible, because the same chord preview settings are used as in the Chord Selector. So you can use the selected track instrument, and you can use a selected phrase for the preview if you want. For this, open the Chord Selector, and click on "Chord List", or "Scale Degrees", or "Palette" and click on the Options menu.

RapidComposer Beta v3.6b11 is available!

Things are looking good. Thanks for all the feedback!

Changes:
  • Clicking on a string number ([1] to [6]) in the Strum Pattern Generator will set the string option for all events at once
  • 'Use soft strum as mute articulation' added in the Strum Pattern Generator
  • Clicking in the voicing editor selects the master track chord (and thus updates the active chord in the Chord Selector)
  • Fixed: Ctrl-click unexpectedly changed the chord in the voicing editor
  • Fixed notes jumping up by an octave in the Phrase Editor
  • Fixed crash when clicking on chords in the Chord Selector while the voicing editor is open
  • Stability fixes

Hi Attila !
Thanks for new beta !
I found a crash when the chord voicing were opened and I switched the phrase on the track to the notes editing mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And at the same time added new voices to the chord!)

Yes, this is exactly what happens when I add new voices to the voicing track when the mode of note editing.

This doesn't look right to me.. The key is B minor.. I added a G major to the progression..
( of course, I could be wrong )

edit: never mind, I forget to change the rules..
second edit: when I changed the rules, it crashed.

Attila, I may be giving you a lot of trouble, but ..
In the strum generator all the manipulations with the patterns end with the program hanging and not responding (

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:29 pm
xbitz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:55 pm IMO Chord Voicing / chord preview / using selected track (in this case it would phrase preview ...)
This is possible, because the same chord preview settings are used as in the Chord Selector. So you can use the selected track instrument, and you can use a selected phrase for the preview if you want. For this, open the Chord Selector, and click on "Chord List", or "Scale Degrees", or "Palette" and click on the Options menu.
preview not works with ghosted chord generators, dunno it's a bug or not, just on the original one *mac ... works with ghosted phrase one
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

yea, I get a crash after setting chord rules to minor and then start changing chords with chord selector.

Also, on a side note.. I wanted to try and replicate a strum pattern, pretty typical style.. In guitar parlance, the very top E string is called the "low" E. The next string, being the A, etc..

In Bm, plucking the F# (low E 2nd fret), then strum the rest of the strings, then alternating that with the B note (A String 2nd fret), then strum.. so, it's an alternate picking/strum pattern..

At the moment, I can't run the test, as it crashes when I try and setup.. Was wondering if this is possible..??

I will be using just two chords for this part, Bm and G major.. (same strum pattern for the G major)

that Im/III chord detection was strange to me
https://youtu.be/Pe9njPbQ-m0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

lulukom wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm Attila, I may be giving you a lot of trouble, but ..
In the strum generator all the manipulations with the patterns end with the program hanging and not responding (
Really? I tested the strum generator on macOS, it did not hang for me. Which settings do you use? Maybe you can upload a simple file for me?

On the other hand there are stability issues when using note editing and voicing track, I am working on that. Thanks for all the bug reports!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”