v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

^^^ notes jump higher an octave using note mapping (any kind of note prop changes)
pls. check note selection too

seems ok with closed voicing, so it's a custom voicing related issue (I've played with the Chord Voicing Editor (which is supercool) before I've began to use the phraser)

--
and yepp,
I am sorry for the misleading note labels (Root, 3rd, 5th) which actually mean 'chord lowest note', 'chord second note', 'chord third note' but can be entirely different notes when voicing is used. E.g. when you omit the root note, the lowest note will still be displayed as 'Root' :( (Internally the modified chord will have the 3rd as the lowest note)
should use some pre-postfix to able to distinguish the voice index and position index (dunno for ex. p3rd or i5th etc. :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Hi Attila!
Many thanks for the chord voicing.
It is super comfortable and done very well.
I would like to suggest adding the letter “s” to the letter “v”, i.e.scale.
To add to chord editing, scale editing in the same editor! Then it would be possible to add scale notes to the chord! Thank you.

The blue popup or hover info for the new chord voicing editor.. I got to read it once, but, can't seem to get it back.

The editor looks very cool! But, need some insight on what the goal is for it's use.

Hi Attila

when click on mastertrack it open now chord voicing editor too and 4 symbols on top to choose circle of fifth, keyboard input. thats good. but when click on the circle of fifths tab or chord from midi keyboard input then this symbols are not show. so there is no ways to jump to quick suggestion page back or keyboard input if in circle of fifths. I always need click outside the popup to close it and click on chord number again. I think it is even better when the icons are in all popups to jump to other popups. or what do you think ?. or because the other popups have not much entries, there can add buttons in this popup to jump to other.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

IMO Chord Voicing / chord preview / using selected track (in this case it would phrase preview ...) would be handy and "Chord Selector" / for master track tab / Chord at ... should follow the background clicking on the Chord Voicing track
Last edited by xbitz on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xbitz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:55 pm IMO Chord Voicing / chord preview / using selected track would be handy and "Chord Selector" / for master track tab / Chord at ... should follow the background clicking on the Chord Voicing track
Good idea! :tu:

BTW I am fixing the bug you reported. Thanks for uploading the composition.
Needless to say the voicing editor was implemented based on your workflow suggestions.
So thanks, :)
Attila

magicmusic wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 am I think it is even better when the icons are in all popups to jump to other popups. or what do you think ?. or because the other popups have not much entries, there can add buttons in this popup to jump to other.
Yes, good point, magicmusic. I was thinking about this too. I would be more logical to show all 5 icons above the chords and let the user select the active one.
Thanks,
Attila

^^^ BTW Chord Selector window, do you know the x-ray feature of Sonar which makes the focused window semi-transparent and unclickable (can't be focused) to able to click things under it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t50JaQM9IvE
from 0:30, just because I'm using laptop and have to constantly open/close the Chord Selector window ... (workaround would be nice if the "Open Chord Selector" shortkey would be "Toggle Chord Selector" :)
)

BluGenes wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 am The blue popup or hover info for the new chord voicing editor.. I got to read it once, but, can't seem to get it back.

The editor looks very cool! But, need some insight on what the goal is for it's use.
Right, it is shown only once, the first time you open the voicing editor. I will make a wiki page about it soon. The info was:

Really, you can do lots of things very conveniently when working with chords:
- highlight green chord notes to include them in the chord voicing
- split and glue chords using right-click (here Shift+right click works if you want to leave the second chord when gluing)
- move the chord boundaries
- preview the chord with a single click on the background
- add and remove notes to the chord (Ctrl-click)

Thanks,
Attila

What is more, if you use the 'magnet' option on the master track, you can immediately see its effect in the voicing track:

^^^
tip: try add chord extensions and enable/disabling them (with "- add and remove notes to the chord (Ctrl-click") with different inversions to able to achieve fluid chord-progressions, this kind of voice specif workflow was not possible before, with "Chord magnet" it's working beautifully to me (with ghosts too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD3dd3p4_dU
--
Last edited by xbitz on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ahh, OK, I see it now.. I was only seeing the root, 3rd and 5th. I missed the message.. the control click is important..

thanks!

but ... question (trying to understand :) ), using ctrl+click "- add and remove notes to the chord (Ctrl-click)" why change the quality of the chord ?

xbitz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:50 pm but ... question (trying to understand :) ), using ctrl+click "- add and remove notes to the chord (Ctrl-click)" why change the quality of the chord ?
I try to fix this today. When adding a note, RC looks for a new chord based on the pressed keys, not respecting the root note. Of course if you delete the root note, a new root will be found.
Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: this was actually a serious bug, update is expected in 1-2 days

Hi Attila!
Another new crash.
I cleaned and added notes on the chord voicing track ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”