User Interface Themes

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do the rcUI files no longer work with v3?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

No, they do not work anymore, and conversion of old files was not possible.
v3 has very sophisticated color settings. The latest version offers Windows-like and OS X-like themes but it is relatively easy to make your own UI theme.

this is the Captain Plugins from Mixed In Key (Captain Chords for chord progressions) VST/AU, hope someday RC also gonna a get a lovely modern UI :)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Yes, definitely. The UI is completely reworked from time to time, I know there is a lot to improve.
Thanks for the inspiration! :)
Attila

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

horsma wrote:Image
Thanks for sharing your theme. :tu: It kinda reminds me of the Tungsten theme from Cakewalk Sonar.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thank you, horsma for posting this theme! :tu:
Attila

If you prefer darker themes, here is one:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote:If you prefer darker themes, here is one:

:tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Working on a flat dark theme. I will post when done. I just need to replace the buttons and remove gradient from top tabs. Does anyone know how to do this. Tomorrow I will look at the actual theme code and see if I can make adjustments there.

Nice! I am going to add a setting to remove the gradient from the tabs in a few days. I will post the last beta version early next week which should include this.
For the transport buttons you will find these settings:

and

Thanks!
Attila

Is it possible to change the font used at all or could be introduced as feature at some point ?

Good question. The whole font rendering will be reworked in December, after the v3.6 release.
At the moment the fonts are not just ugly, but also slow to render, this is high priority at the moment.
When that is done, you will be able to use any fonts for the chord names, or the rest of the user interface.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Mineralhillsworkshop,

I have implemented setting the tab shading. If you'd like to have the latest update, please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:20 pm Good question. The whole font rendering will be reworked in December, after the v3.6 release.
At the moment the fonts are not just ugly, but also slow to render, this is high priority at the moment.
When that is done, you will be able to use any fonts for the chord names, or the rest of the user interface.

Thanks,
Attila
Hey that sounds great I presume it will be any font that is in the main font folder on the system RC is running ?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”