User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Very nice, yellukhan! :tu:
I should learn the idea tool usage from you. ;)
Attila

:oops: Thanks Attila :)

Hey yellukahn... Any chance you can show us how you set up your auto chords template?

Finally got around to playing with RC and learning a bit more about it before the year is out!
I bought it in may & just upgraded to the full version, but never spent much time with it.

Played around with it today and added a couple of generators on top of some bass/drums for some AlgoRhythmic indie rock: https://soundcloud.com/sonicviz/algorhythm

It's starting to come together. I've been using it standalone but this was done with Reaper and RC as VSTi.

Very cool, sonicviz2! :clap:
Attila

sonicviz2 wrote:Finally got around to playing with RC and learning a bit more about it before the year is out!
I bought it in may & just upgraded to the full version, but never spent much time with it.

Played around with it today and added a couple of generators on top of some bass/drums for some AlgoRhythmic indie rock

It's starting to come together. I've been using it standalone but this was done with Reaper and RC as VSTi.
very cool ! Love this kind of music myself.. (although I play blues guitar! lol go figure..) want to hear more..!

This is the project I have using to find bugs in RC.. I wanted to post this version, rather than posting a finished version just show what the project looks like in RC. Normally, for the finished version I would import the midi into Reaper, assign the instruments, but, turn off all the instrument effects in their VSTs. Such as the EQ, reverb, etc. From there, I would bus in my own copy of reverb and EQ. The point being, especially with reverb, it can get noisy, so, I prefer one particular style of reverb overall. (think of it as if several different types of reverb being used, i.e., plate and cathedral, or hall, etc., you should never mix different style reverbs together..) Anyways.. this is it.. I named it what it is, for no particular reason, think it was raining here that day.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBP_x54 ... e=youtu.be

@Attila @BluGenes

Thanks! I'm pretty blues based myself being mainly a slide/rack harp player, but I also blend a few boundaries.
Playing with some ideas here for some eventual live outlaw blues type mashups (eg: http://rebel-galaxy.com/the-rebel-galaxy-soundtrack/)

@BluGenes

Nice work on the composition!
Last edited by sonicviz2 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonicviz2 & BluGenes
nice works :tu:
Thank you for sharing!

BluGenes wrote:Hey yellukahn... Any chance you can show us how you set up your auto chords template?
here :)

while preparing Bass track i added Dotted (1/8) rhythm instead of Straight (1/8) by mistake..
@ 2:57 so just ignore that part .. :clown:
correct way in this case is using 1/8 straight division in the bass and chord phrase rhythm section.
( even maybe 1/16 .. if you planning tiny Chord/Bass changes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3-2TF ... e=youtu.be

Yea, that is a game changer for me.. lol Very cool video yellukahn!! That helps a lot..

that synth plugin is amazing too. I was looking at it, but, wow.. can't afford it right now.. lol.. I just bought Melodyne Editor for the sole purpose of increasing my midi library..

To me Demo works too! ... ssshh! between us! :hihi:

haha cool.. so, just curious.. why do you add rhythm to the bass, if you are joining the notes?

BluGenes wrote:haha cool.. so, just curious.. why do you add rhythm to the bass, if you are joining the notes?
as i tried to explain its for follow exactly master track chord "length" changes
if the rhythm in the bass generator for example was 1/2 bar:
when you want to change the master track chord lengths for example according to 1/4 bar division
Bass Generator in the Auto Bass track wouldn't adapt itself to this changes ..
this is also same/valid for Chord Generator rhythm in the Auto Chord track.

just realized it was also possible without extra rhythms..
via Generator / Rhythm:"Simple intervals" & Divisions/ 1/4 , 1/8 .. :dog:

here is the simple demonstration of Divide&Rule :evil: :

Ahh, OK, got it.. so very powerful. Well, there goes the rest of my day setting up templates.. lol thanks

Return to “MusicDevelopments”