User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Very very cool video and performance! So, in the video, how did you get the string track to behave? I notice a root bass note that did not change keys??? (top strings track)..

strings is imported midi file, follows exactly chord progression and i like the random voicing it does..
bass part actually one long note and wasn't exactly the root of the progression
but i like the total result so i keep it :)
i hope make sense
project attached.

EDIT:
Thank you Attila!
:tu: 4 RC!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Again very cool.. I want to replicate doing that, but, create it in RC environment only. My issue seems to be locking that one note so that it doesn't want to scale to the chord change. (so long as that note is in each chord and the scale, I am guessing)

EDIT:
BluGenes if i get it right.. just draw a long note in phrase editor? :ud:

simple note & chord voicing experiments
recorded as an answer to dammusic's question.
i realized after upload.. i forgot to show manual Voicing save/load.. but..still might be helpful to announce here too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOoHq70tyM

BluGenes wrote:Again very cool.. I want to replicate doing that, but, create it in RC environment only. My issue seems to be locking that one note so that it doesn't want to scale to the chord change. (so long as that note is in each chord and the scale, I am guessing)
To clarify yellukhan's answer if you make a note 'absolute' (e.g. C0) it won't change with chords and scales. It will change if you transpose the phrase though. I will try to add an option that prevents transposing absolute notes.

Thanks,
Attila

ah! i was suggesting drawing a long "Relative" note :D
Thanks Attila!

EDIT:
on popular demand :) Scale Arp workaround project (from video)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So very cool! Just getting more powerful every day! Just so I understand.. If I change a note to Absolute, it then converts the phrase from generated to edited, but, if I add the phrase to the phrase browser I can manipulate it again? Or does it matter?

Relative or Absolute any note that you add to the phrase "Generators" will convert it to "Edited"
Edited means generator now just a regular phrase you can add it to the browser and open/load anytime and continue to edit further.
you can Edit (&Save) over and over phrases + phrase generators in the the Phrase Editor or in the Note Edit mode...
only thing you should remember when you edit a Generator it will switch to regular phrase "Edited"
i hope make sense.

That is right, if you change a note for a phrase generator, it looses its generator properties and becomes an "ordinary" phrase.
You can save phrase generators to the browser which will be saved with all generator properties, and when you use it next time, it is still a phrase generator.

I figured it out.. I wanted to be able to do that without manual editing and with RC you can. For chords, you add a track variation of "join notes", and in the phrase, set the note length to sustain and lock to scale. It will produce chord changes just like your example, without manual editing.. good catch there, Yellukahn on Youtube.. lol

:) :tu:

yea, caught this on the tube.. very cool, and of course, I have questions. How did you paint the modulation? What instrument did you set for the auto chords? Awesome as usual .. ;)

Awesome! Yea, I had figured it out right after I posted the question.. But still, great insight for sure!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”