A few Custom Phrases

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

yellukhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am
Melody Sauce is one of the best for now .. must have .. imho.
feelyoursound is preparing to release ChordPotion, I tried the beta, it's great . I am also considering buying MelodySauce
NK Recording Studio
Email: lachinhan@gmail.com or admin@thuamninhkieu.com

yellukhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am imho
i also have Riffer, Midi Madness .. i didn't tried them that much .. so far (will do later)
one down side no time signature other than 4/4 yet .. i hope they implement in the future
i will ask to see if there is any luck :pray: :D
yea... I got it right after I posted here.. lol I sort of follow what you did in the video, you force a mute every so many bars for the split. I forgot how to force Reaper to record the midi.. the midi pass through bus? (it's an option in the VST window??)

lachinhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 am
yellukhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am
feelyoursound is preparing to release ChordPotion, I tried the beta, it's great . I am also considering buying MelodySauce
Thank you i will check it!

BluGenes wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:44 am
yellukhan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am imho
i also have Riffer, Midi Madness .. i didn't tried them that much .. so far (will do later)
one down side no time signature other than 4/4 yet .. i hope they implement in the future
i will ask to see if there is any luck :pray: :D
yea... I got it right after I posted here.. lol I sort of follow what you did in the video, you force a mute every so many bars for the split. I forgot how to force Reaper to record the midi.. the midi pass through bus? (it's an option in the VST window??)

mute? No!

what i did in the video:
i created an automation for the re-Generate on every 8 bars
automation for the "Both&Both" button in the MS Matrix..
(i select "Slow" generation and it generates 8 bars long melodies in this case)

so instead of manually pushing to MS Generator matrix and
grabbing every generation one by one via drag drop from the MS gui to Reaper
i set the Reaper Track Record / Output Midi
push to Record & just let the Reaper do this automatically for me. :)

Yellukhan

Sounds like you like Melody sauce. I’m thinking of buying it. I do not do EDM, pop stuff, so I was worried it was a little too oriented for that. Also the controls are very limited it seems to me. They don’t have a demo so I can’t try it out.

So I’m asking you. Are you getting nice melodies out of it that are not just EDM or pop type stuff, are the melodies musical and usable, and do you find you have enough control over what gets generated just from the nine choices available in that grid? And any bugs you’re experiencing with it? I am on Mac and plan to use it in studio one 4.

Thanks for letting me know, you’re the only one I know who is using it that I can ask, and like I said there is no demo. And thanks again for being so generous!

editing

-> Yellukhan

awesome man.. will try that..

dbender wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:46 pm Yellukhan

Sounds like you like Melody sauce. I’m thinking of buying it. I do not do EDM, pop stuff, so I was worried it was a little too oriented for that. Also the controls are very limited it seems to me. They don’t have a demo so I can’t try it out.

So I’m asking you. Are you getting nice melodies out of it that are not just EDM or pop type stuff, are the melodies musical and usable, and do you find you have enough control over what gets generated just from the nine choices available in that grid? And any bugs you’re experiencing with it? I am on Mac and plan to use it in studio one 4.

Thanks for letting me know, you’re the only one I know who is using it that I can ask, and like I said there is no demo. And thanks again for being so generous!
Hi,
yes i loved what i get so far .. i can say MS creates %99.9 time useful melodies..
but..
to me hard to judge the creations are useful "only" for the pop & edm ?
sometimes i am trying them in the Idea Tool with over slow pads and slow piano left hands
Idea Tool creates nice results (ill try more with new IT Manual Formulas)
but i am not sure is this count as different genre for you?

about the bugs:
so far i didn't noticed any bugs ..
but again i can't judge fairly, because i didn't use that much in my projects so far ..
as in the video i am just creating melodies via semi-batch process i figured..
then importing to RC.

there is also Slow (8 bars), Fast (4 bars), Swing, Triplet controls
as you can see everything is front of the GUI nothing hidden..

i hope make sense.

Thanks

My latest RapidComposer tutorial screencast "How to compose Ragtime in 5 minutes" features 3 of yellukhan's phrases.
Thanks again for collecting those phrases and making them available.

Excellent tutorial!
Thanks, HiEnergy! :tu:
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

very cool.. love that style of music.. hey, did you know you can set the magnets faster? Click the track header, go to the gear and there is a function about half way down for magnets..

Thanks for your appreciation!
@BluGenes: I didn't want to bother with the cogwheel menu as it was just 3 magnets to switch.
The possibility to align all magnets in a track using a simple form is great, though.
Especially when it's oodles of chord generators requiring being lined up for voice-leading purposes.
I regularly use this option exactly like that.

Is anybody hear using rapidcomposer for EDM.it says in the manual you can come up with techno and house music with certain generators .I've spent a lot of time investigating, the only way I seem to be able to come close to something that sound like edm is by dropping the rhythm from a MIDI file which was taken from a house track but I find that does restrict me in certain ways ,it would be great if I could find someone here that was creating dance music with RC .Yellukhan has been helping me out with a lot of features just was curious to find out if there was anyone here that was just making EDM. if not it would be great if someone could demonstrate how to use certain generators to get that house /techno sound.

(www.musicdevelopments.com)
Bass Rhythm
Bass Rhythm places interesting rhythmic patterns one after the other. It suits monophonic sounds (obviously a bass guitar, and other instruments) best. If you play with the sliders a bit, you can achieve a lot of great dance/trance/techno-style piano patterns using this Rhythm type, with a Generic Generator.

I really feel that rapidcomposer is a lot more advanced than something like captain chords which I also have. I would just really like someone to demonstrate how to create that real EDM Style. i would like to make some tutorials with commentary as I really feel people should know about RC .If you look at all of the music tutorials online 90% of them are EDM music so I feel there is a real market for it

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... m+tutorial

dammusic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 am Is anybody hear using rapidcomposer for EDM
EDM is all about the sounds, rhythms and production techniques.
RapidComposer's strong side is composition, voicing and harmony.
There's some examples of Chiptune music with RapidComposer floating around somewhere.
You could take some of that, dial the BPM to 128 (Beatport tempo), enrich the cheesy melodies with gorgeous detuned supersaw stacks, sidechained bass line progression and a hard-hitting ultra-compressed kick drum. Don't forget a big drop... and there goes your mega-selling EDM album.
Seriously, EDM is simple when it comes to composition. You could do it in 5 minutes using melody generators and ostinato generators. It's all there and ready for you to use.

Appreciate your feedback but chiptune is not the kind of edm am thinking of .I would like to make something like this with this type of piano riffs .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYiB6WXWk8

Return to “MusicDevelopments”