A few Custom Phrases

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

have fun mates ;)

A free "staccato strings" Kontakt instrument can be downloaded if you are interested. These phrases sound awesome with that. I am not sure if it can be used with the free Kontakt Player:
http://www.strezov-sampling.com/page/free.html

Thank you Attila for putting us on to this! :tu:

Wouldn't have know about them otherwise. They seem to have a rather large library of instruments.

I cannot have enough strings! :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

sweet !
Thanks Attila.

As somebody trying to get a sense of Rapidcomposer's workflow, I have a few questions Yellukhan.

1) How did you generate all these phrases?; Did you manually go into the phrase editor and edit and name them all?
2) Where did that "Expression" track come from below your strings track? I am using RC for mac and I've never seen that.
3) You obviously know enough about rapidcomposer and about music theory to set it up so the phrases are appropriate for strings. Care to share your thoughts about using RC's parameters to generate instrument-appropriate phrases?
Thank you for sharing.

Hi Brandon,
brandonjwinston wrote: 1) How did you generate all these phrases?; Did you manually go into the phrase editor and edit and name them all?
no they are originally midi files but they are manipulated before import to RC.
you see phrases are 4 bars long (16 beat) but most of them actually
just 1 ,1/2 or 1/4 bar splits from the midi files.
this is long story but... i prepared them (with Reaper )
almost 3 years ago and i was using them with Force to Key plugins and with my other Apps...
about the edit and name yes there must be "edt" versions here and there in the phrases they are edited in RC manually..
giving name them was a little bit difficult at the first
but now just a piece of cake/fun..
Thanks to Attila.

brandonjwinston wrote: 2) Where did that "Expression" track come from below your strings track? I am using RC for mac and I've never seen that.
i am not sure where they are in the mac here is the post might help

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t#p5511053

also if you able to find in mac "DB" folder and "GeneralMIDI.rcCTRL" file
you can add this line with text editor.
{name="Expression"; num=11; default=0; }

if this is last text line.. must be :
{name="Expression"; num=11; default=0; };
with " ; " end of it.

here is my full =

controllerset="General MIDI";
controller={name="Pitch Bend"; status=224; numbytes=2; default=8192; },{name="Poly Pressure"; status=208; numbytes=1; default=0; },{name="Modulation"; num=1; default=0; },{name="Volume"; num=7; default=64; },{name="Sustain"; num=64; default=0; off=0; on=127; },{name="Reverb"; num=91; default=64; },{name="Chorus"; num=93; default=0; },{name="Expression"; num=11; default=0; };
brandonjwinston wrote: 3) You obviously know enough about rapidcomposer and about music theory to set it up so the phrases are appropriate for strings. Care to share your thoughts about using RC's parameters to generate instrument-appropriate phrases?
Thank you for sharing.
:) RC maybe ( Thanks to Chris..video tutorials) ...
but music theory absolutely no..
RC generators whole different and large area but ,
in this case Custom Phrases ...
as you can see they were already orchestral / strings midi files.
i just manipulated them a little.
so i suggest just go hunt for midi files with grandpa google and experiment with them.

brandonjwinston wrote:.....2) Where did that "Expression" track come from below your strings track? I am using RC for mac and I've never seen that.
To add to the information yellukhan gave you in his post, you find the midi cc information by clicking on the "Edit" button above the Master Track on the Composition page (it is the 4th button from the left). When you select "Edit Phrase" (there are 4 choices - select #2) it will show you the cc values (Velocity, Expression, etc.) below the track. Then you can adjust these values to your liking.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

a short tip to create this kind of material with Reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRBWe4KmOag

and the phrase pack
Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yellukhan on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very cool, thanks yellukhan! :tu:

Attila

Really a great topic!

I express my admiration for that work and that kindness!

Thank you indeed Yellukhan!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

my pleasure
its fun to create and share.
...now also easy :D

a few more for 3*4 signature
light and arpeggio style.

btw they are kind a half beat..
so might be good idea to use with Double Phrase as track variation
if you do not want to work on 200 240 bpm etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yellukhan wrote:a few more for 3*4 signature
light and arpeggio style.
:hug:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

These are fantastic yellukhan!

Great inspiration :tu:

Thank you so much!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

have fun mates ,
more to come.. after my daily jobs become a little slower .

Return to “MusicDevelopments”