Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

In the Idea tool is there a way to prevent the first instrument text from being cut off? I'm using the windows 7 64bit version. See attached image:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Please disregard my last post. After installing a user interface theme that I downloaded on this forum, the text went back to fully visible.

Ctrl+Q doesn't work anymore to quit RC. Keyboard Shortcut is still set correctly.

3.51 on Win7, 64-bit.

Why can't/How do - I get phrase detect to break/size in sync w/chord changes for midi import?
2018-07-08_RC_PhraseDetectSizeQuestion.png
Tried a lot of combinations for settings...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dougj7 wrote:In the Idea tool is there a way to prevent the first instrument text from being cut off? I'm using the windows 7 64bit version. See attached image:
Hi dougj7,
I see this too sometimes, I do not know yet why it happens :(
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

PeteInNeedOfABeat wrote:Ctrl+Q doesn't work anymore to quit RC. Keyboard Shortcut is still set correctly.

3.51 on Win7, 64-bit.
Right! I did not realize that! I will fix this shortly.
Thanks for reporting it!
Attila

NTO wrote:Why can't/How do - I get phrase detect to break/size in sync w/chord changes for midi import?
2018-07-08_RC_PhraseDetectSizeQuestion.png
Tried a lot of combinations for settings...
There is no MIDI Import option for that.
Phrase detection does not (have to) know about chords. The algorithm finds similar pieces by matching notes, and these notes are already chord-relative.

You can still split phrases in the timeline inspector, though logically this should be in the master track inspector:

What are these options
under Midi Import to be used for?

They have some effect, though :?:
Size 2 = Size 1, Size None = 2 Bars
2018-07-08_RC_PhraseSplitQuestionTwo.png
2018-07-08_RC_PhraseSplitQuestionOne.png
2018-07-08_RC_PhraseSplitQuestionNone.png

BluGenes wrote: LoopBe30 mutes ports if accidentally looped back.. It isn't that.. I didn't narrate this one, so, watch the steps carefully..
Hello BluGenes,

thank you for your patience.
The crash occurs because of a bug in RC when you duplicate a track with '*' (BTW I liked that you used this shortcut) when the track contained a VST which is 'multitimbral' so one instance is created.

So it is not because using LoopBe30 or routing MIDI events to an external host. If you create the second track using any other method, there won't be a crash. I am still investigating this situation and will have a fix later today.

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: this bug is fixed now, beta version is expected in the next 3-4 days.

NTO wrote:What are these options
under Midi Import to be used for?

They have some effect, though :?:
Size 2 = Size 1, Size None = 2 Bars
I have checked the source code but that is so complicated I do not understand it anymore :cry:
Basically these are just hints for trying to make 1 or 2 bar phrases initially, but the size is not guaranteed.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:
BluGenes wrote: LoopBe30 mutes ports if accidentally looped back.. It isn't that.. I didn't narrate this one, so, watch the steps carefully..
Hello BluGenes,

thank you for your patience.
The crash occurs because of a bug in RC when you duplicate a track with '*' (BTW I liked that you used this shortcut) when the track contained a VST which is 'multitimbral' so one instance is created.

So it is not because using LoopBe30 or routing MIDI events to an external host. If you create the second track using any other method, there won't be a crash. I am still investigating this situation and will have a fix later today.

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: this bug is fixed now, beta version is expected in the next 3-4 days.

Awesome! Ummm, I see no other way of duplicating a track?

FWIW (not in the app today)
Recently working w/ 'multitimbral', I did not see the channel number increment when I was selecting the same instance on new tracks.
Also
"You can still split phrases in the timeline inspector, though logically this should be in the master track inspector:"
This should be action for individual tracks. (Sorry if already true, not checking today...)

ho ho ho!

Merry Christmas! / Happy New Year to all! :)

RC 3.61 x64

did i miss any decision stage? :cry: or just a bug? :hail:

where did gone my lovely Master Track Randomize/Generate?

Hi dear yellukhan,

I am afraid that is a bug, the generate button disappeared in v3.6 because of the voicing button.
I am going to send you an update tomorrow with the fix.

Happy New Year for everyone! :party: :)

Attila

Attila, are you releasing that update for everyone? Should I try and go download it tomorrow?

Thanks and happy new year.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”