5.edit the phrase -> chord voicing
6.add 13th and turn on
7.notice 13th is not active
8.click off 5th
9.notice 5th stays
10.toggle 13th on/off/on
11.notice it controls the 5th
12.appears the 13th is an impostor of the 5th
13.I notice this impostor behavior on different chord degrees (for IV it appears 9th thinks its the 3rd)

Also I notice weird behavior when I create a custom chord that is just made up of the full scale (1,2,3,4,5,6,7 degrees) then try to create a custom voicing on phrase that is a subset of the scale chord. This may be related to the steps I mention above to recreate.

Maybe I just do not understand custom voicings?

Please see attached screen shot. I used a P5 chord. When looking at the note labels it says its the 3rd. I have also notice this behavior when messing around with voicing and transposing.

It appears the labeling has a problem when you.

1. shuffle stacking order of a chord e.g. Root, 3rd, 5th --> Root, 5th, 3rd
2. Remove a note that is not the bass or melody e.g. Root, 3rd, 5th, 7th --> Root, 3rd, 7th
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notice more oddness.

1. When using 1st inversion it screws up all labels. 3rd is root, 5th is 3rd and root is 5th.
2. When using a always Root 3 5 7 voicing on a major chord it changes the 5th to a 7th label
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi there!

i am still in my Idea Tool topic :)
latest v3.51 x64
seems Time Line selection doesn't work properly in the Idea Tool
example:

EDIT:
also double click to region for the area selection seems doesn't work in Idea Tool.

EDIT2:
-i am not sure is this is bug or just not implemented yet-
also seems chord split (alt+click) doesn't work in Idea Tool mode.
if not a but would really time saver to have that functions in Idea Tool too. :love:

EDIT3:
Idea Tool (still) :D
seems Percussion Generator doesn't cooperate with the rhythms in the "Rhythm Patterns"
-and again, if its not a bug .. just not implemented yet .. would fantastic to have!

EDIT4:
Idea Tool :)

3.51 x64
dragging from Phrase Browser to Rhythm Browser for extract and save the phrase rhythm doesn't work to me..
also same in 3.5b16 & 3.5b15 & 3.5b14 & 3.5b13 & 3.5b12 ...

started to work in 3.5b11 if make sense.

Thank you guys for reporting these bugs, I am fixing them in the next few days.
I just have my hands full right now.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

elvistcb3577 wrote:Please see attached screen shot. I used a P5 chord. When looking at the note labels it says its the 3rd. I have also notice this behavior when messing around with voicing and transposing.

It appears the labeling has a problem when you.

1. shuffle stacking order of a chord e.g. Root, 3rd, 5th --> Root, 5th, 3rd
2. Remove a note that is not the bass or melody e.g. Root, 3rd, 5th, 7th --> Root, 3rd, 7th
Yes, these labels were changed recently. This is a known issue and probably cannot be easily fixed. Earlier chord notes were labelled
Ch(0) : root note
Ch(1) : second chord note (typically 3rd but not always :( )
Ch(2) : third chord note (typically 5th but not always :( )
... but recently I decided to display a more sensible label instead of that mathematical notation which works most of the time:
Root : root note
3rd : second chord note
5th : third chord note, etc
but obviously this does not work well for the chords you mentioned. The reason is that phrases do not know anything about the chords, they just use a list of notes internally.

So when you see that next time, think of "3rd" as the 2nd note of the chord.
Maybe an option for displaying note labels would be better when someone does not like this.

Thanks,
Attila

Trust me, being a programmer myself I can appreciate trying to manage a product's life cycle. And what appears a

simple solution, under the hood can be chaos.

The good news is that coorect notes play regardless. The bad news is that thelabeling can get confusing.

I am not sure how Chords and Scales are stored since the file in DB

looks binary. Though the userscale and userchord file appears to use Chromatic indexes (example 2 below) with 0 being a generic root.

Ironically since this just means they are a collection offsets. I assume phrases are stored the same?

Concerning this issue, I think one of the main hurdles is that notes can be labeled a number of ways.

Take Cdom

1. Absolute note
a. pitch class - C E G bB
b. absolute pitch - C4 E4 G4 bB4

2. Chromatic (treating index 0 as key root) - 0 5 7 10

3. Chord label
a. as generic degrees - root 3rd 5th 7th (basically the interval class)
b. as specific degrees - root 3rd 5th b7th

4. Reletive to a scale
a. In C major - root 3rd 5th b7th
b. In C Mixolydian - root 3rd 5th 7th
c. In G Major - 4th 6th root 10th(3rd)
d. In C Major Pentatonic - root 3rd 4th 5th
e. a C maj7 in C Major Pentatonic - root 3rd 4th b5th

The most useful would be 3.a and 4 in my opinion. It seems that RC sort of mix and matches these in 1 view.

Basically 2 view options.
1. What is this note in context of the chord
2. What is this note relative of current used scale

did drag and drop from a VST to RC stop working? Trying to drag midi from EZ Keys to RC and I crash. I have EZ Keys set up as a VST in RC Stand alone.. (v3.51) My Steps: In EZ Keys -> Create a chord, apply the midi from the browser, then drag that to RC...

Yes, it hangs after the drag-and-drop. Not because of dropping the MIDI but RC tries to store the current state in the history, and this involves requesting the internal state from EZKeys which still has not come out of dragging, a catch-22.
I do not know yet how to fix this, but will have an idea shortly.

Hi BluGenes,
I managed to fix the drag-and-drop from EZKeys. I'll send you an update: do you need the stable release or the beta version?
Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi BluGenes,
I managed to fix the drag-and-drop from EZKeys. I'll send you an update: do you need the stable release or the beta version?
Thanks,
Attila
There is a second bug I found..

I created a track template for the EZ Keys and used that to create a track, no midi on it. I then dropped a midi file onto this track from my desktop. I then duplicated this track. Using LoopBe30, I have 5 virtual ports open and use 3 of them to send to Reaper from RC.

If you change the midi information on the original track, the duplicate quits working. If you try and change the duplicate midi information, RC crashes. I have a video, if you need to see it..

well, I was working on a tips video that uses these processes.. so, everyone would need this to work..

but, you can send both links please, beta and a production version fix..(with the second bug fixed too)

Yes, please upload a video, if possible. I would like to fix this.

EDIT: if there is a MIDI feedback loop, a crash is expected.

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, please upload a video, if possible. I would like to fix this.

EDIT: if there is a MIDI feedback loop, a crash is expected.

LoopBe30 mutes ports if accidentally looped back.. It isn't that.. I didn't narrate this one, so, watch the steps carefully..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhgifU ... e=youtu.be

Return to “MusicDevelopments”