Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

"... only when the master track is in keyboard focus."

Sorry, I'm not there yet. I'm selecting chords in the Master Track (w/the keyboard), but it doesn't have the keyboard focus?
(Shift and arrow key - put an example video here: https://www.screencast.com/t/FufTeMVoP )

EDIT: Removed the pic - nothing added by it.
Last edited by NTO on Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now I see what was wrong. When selecting the chords with the keyboard (Shift+arrows) only the first chord was saved. This is fixed now. The fix will be available early next week in the new beta version.
If you need the fix immediately, I can upload the latest version for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

I'm just learning (<week), so I'll stay w/release. Thanks and admire your dedication.

Not sure if you would call this a bug. It was confusing.
1. The attribute locking for multiple selection in generator properties versus variations.
2. Variation applied to portion of selection only.
Video here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/VjdlEMwYx9i

I'll add this one as thought provoking, because I don't have a specific use case so far.

I've noted several times
After using RC, the driver for my midi keyboard (the midi in device under settings) is disabled.
From that state (discovered when opening subsequent app)
If I restart RC, and use the keyboard, it works. Then immediately exit, and it works in the alternate app.

Seemingly, something happens while I'm editing a composition - though I'm not using the keyboard during the editing time...

Bump this one. Big pain.
Trying to reduce a selection on the right side:
I can move it away from the border and resize w/o issue, but seemingly cannot shorten when it is at the final position.
Instead the line length is reduced and content deleted! Need to Ctrl Z...

video here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/DqaIJuYa

EDIT: Noted (only?) when I double click a line in the structure editor. Seems to 'glue' to the right side of the range, until moved [as shown], then sizable.

Sorry. Peeling the onion, and typing out loud... :dog:
A group of things about midi file import
I found I need to specify the number of bars/line. Seems that could be automatic, especially when there is a single channel in a new composition. (I note the info is known/shown above the scale detection line)

Even though I have selected Scale detection for 'Natural/Harmonic/Melodic Major And Minor', the import indicates red chords and just minor until I manually choose Melodic Minor. (Didn't demo this one in vid)

'Auto Detect Phrases' will overlay segments of the file on existing content. This is shown for the first example in the video. Note: The numbers shown in the phrases (like the first, 'MIDI Out 4 7') are in no apparent order :?: ( 'MIDI Out 4 1' follows '...7') After some time comparing the imported file in my editor vs RC, it seems - These are a side effect of 'grouping' portion of algorithm, detailed decomposition of note timing required to comment...

When I select a segment and delete it to show the above, then press Control Z, I lose the zoom level I had set. (Seen this in other UI activities)

Video here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/aViCWvDO

EDIT: I struck the portion on scale detect. It is forcing the import to the scale type I clicked after import (moving notes, rather than correcting the name display).
The red chords are to be understood as 'as is' for the import :?: , and the scale detect assumed to be correct :?: for all the other chords...
FWIW on the overlaid segments. This is the common scenarion where it occurs:
2018-05-07_RC_PhraseSegmentQuestion.png
The imported file and project used for pic:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Note editing
Cannot select 'front' note
Have to move the 'under-lying' note of other phrase away to select the desired note.
2018-05-24_RC_NoteEditSlctIssue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

O ,yes !
It would be interesting to have such a mode phrase resize, in which the notes of the phrase would become elastic, i.e. when in contact with each other, they changed their length. Same notes of the phrase, would push each other and one would be shorter due to the length of the same note from another phrase. Elastic Resize. Thank you .

On the history tab
Trying to manage large drive content
Select item in history list
Select 'Remove All Earlier Versions'
Click okay get strange warning
2018-05-30_RC_HistMessageQuestion.png
Items are removed from History tab display, but not drive directory
2018-05-30_RC_HistMessageQuestion2.png
EDIT:
Close/restart app and reboot Win = no reduction in dir file count.

Don't know :roll: what triggered this
Seemingly the number of times I had done the operation w/in composition. Worked many times then began always...
When I try to split a midi pattern at a time position, the app makes a copy at the position.
Video here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/SEgFYDAf

Did revert compo, delete following, Save and exit. Restart, still acting same.
FWIW, noted on first split in yesterday's project after today's computer boot. (Had noted behavior last night before quitting...)

EDIT:
Loaded an early backup from last night.
Split @ 3, 6, 12, and 14 okay. Split makes copy at measure 20! Looking...
EDIT2:
Actually seems something to due w/timing/note position :?: - midi import versus snap setting, dunno :ud: ...
Video here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/YcNYLDahn
EDIT3: Well, NO I guess, NOTED in the first (original problem) video, the split is shown as being on '32.3.00'

Don't know if this happens every install, but...
Phrase categories lost.
2018-06-06_RC_PhraseGroupsMissing.png
Also phrase inspector doesn't stay above main window when click in main window. Thought it used to...
(NOTED: See the switch in settings, dunno when cleared...)

NTO wrote:Select 'Remove All Earlier Versions'
Click okay get strange warning
I fixed the strange warning so it won't not confuse anyone.
The explanation is that RC supports version trees, not just simple lists.
In a version tree you can make branches, e.g. when making 3 different versions starting from the same composition. It is more complicated (I don't think anyone uses that) so the simple list is the default setting.
NTO wrote: Close/restart app and reboot Win = no reduction in dir file count.
Ouch! You found a bug which is now fixed. Now all files will be deleted properly.

Thanks!
Attila

NTO wrote:Don't know if this happens every install, but...
Phrase categories lost.
The small 'recent entries' menu offers groups that you typed there in the past.
When I typed "(others)" and saved a phrase, it saved that and offered "(others)" after restarting the program.
Please let me know if you found a way to reproduce this issue. I couldn't :(

Thanks,
Attila

When i saw 'edited' there, thought it was a truncated list of existing categories, rather than activity log. :clown:
So...
Yes, guess 'recent entries' is initialized on installation?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”