where do I start?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, BluGenes! :tu:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Could anyone help me with this simple task which is copy and paste selected notes and chords together

I’m able to copy and paste empty notes however I’m building out chords progression to match a vocal and it would help to build from previous notes rather than empty c

This is very frustrating since I was ready to buy the software but ran into this issue That Really shouldn’t be so difficult

Could anyone help me with this simple task which is copy and paste selected notes and chords together

I’m able to copy and paste empty notes however I’m building out chords progression to match a vocal and it would help to build from previous notes rather than empty slots without the notes I fitted on the previous bar

This is very frustrating since I was ready to buy the software but ran into this issue That Really shouldn’t be so difficult

Hi DandroidMKII,

Welcome to this forum! :)
In RapidComposer notes are independent from the master track chords. You can copy the chords and then the notes, this way the notes will be rendered the same as in the original place.
I think the only way to copy phrases and chords together when you copy/paste 'time', i.e. a timeline selection, but this makes the line longer.

You can still work with 'absolute' notes as in DAWs. This allows you to copy and edit notes, and don't care about the master track chords, that you can set up later (converting notes to 'relative' has an option to replace master track chords.)

Thanks,
Attila

Please, can somebody explain concept behind Bass relative note, and where to use it generally, for what kind of phrases is best? Is there a quick way to inspect if phrase is a chord, scale or bass relative and is it ok(correct) to use combination of lets say chord and scale relative notes in one phrase?

Hi Branko,

welcome to this forum! :)
That is a good question. First of all you can choose from several coloring options for a track and in the phrase editor. Some of them display chord notes, scale notes with different colors so you can see at a glance which notes are used by a phrase:

The 'bass' note means the root note of the chord OR the slash note, if such exists. It can be used for bass notes, when you design a phrase. Chords can have a slash note which indicates which note is in the bass, and the slash note does not have to belong to the chord, e.g. (C/D).
Please note that the slash note does not indicate inversion, although there is an option to display slash note when choosing a chord voicing.

Thanks,
Attila

Ok, thank you Attila.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”