Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi lulukom,
I would not say that no-one is listening. There are more than 380 items on my to-do list, many of them are really good ideas but a day is only 24 hours. In addition I often put aside my own plans in favour of newly requested features because I think a user's request is more important than what I want.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi sj1!
Yes, that is exactly the point! I will be able to lift lots of things from my other project.
I have learnt a lot about plug-in formats too, which will make its way into RapidComposer, which remains my primary focus.
Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:18 pm Hi Attila! Nice feature implementation there in Syne!

It's always a win when design/coding can be used more than once.

Hi Attila!
Of course, we all want to make RC better and I am satisfied with all the options for promoting the program!) Thank you for the good work!

ok, so, maybe add this idea to the to-do list, if it hasn't been added already. The ability to work with multiple projects. E.g., like in Reaper, you can add a project tab. Well, probably a lot of DAW's have that ability.

This kind of came to me as I am working through understanding modal theory right now. It's a bucket to do list of my own. Kind of been putting this off way to long, with the idea, yea I'll get to it one day. Well, lol, that day has arrived.

I am learning that one way of creating a modal progression is to use the Ionian root of the key. So, would be cool to do that AND then create the relative version in a different tab.

Yes, thank you, BluGenes. I planned adding projects for v4.0 but it will be delayed slightly.
At the moment I am working on a new and very useful feature for RapidComposer, but this will be a surprise, so I cannot tell anything about that right now... :lol:

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:09 pm Yes, thank you, BluGenes. I planned adding projects for v4.0 but it will be delayed slightly.
At the moment I am working on a new and very useful feature for RapidComposer, but this will be a surprise, so I cannot tell anything about that right now... :lol:
double band roll ! :D
:band: :harp: :band2:

yes indeed! and it's not even my birthday! I love great surprises.. ;)

:) I need about 3 weeks.

Take all the time you need. We already have so much to discover and to experiment every day...
:lol:

RapidComposer is a bit as Bach's works (wow, what a comparison ! :oops: ) : you might have spent ten of fifteen years studying it you still are astounded every day by something you hadn't yet ever seen.

Inexhaustible !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank you, BlackWinny! :)
I must apologize to Bach for the unfair comparison. ;)

Hey,

I'm wondering what others use to input notes...

I am mobile at the moment and have no MIDI controller. Logic has a keyboard feature built in which activates the laptop keyboard to act as a musical keyboard. FLStudio also has this feature... so does Ableton.

Does this exist in RC and I've somehow missed it? Does everyone here have a MIDI keyboard... or does everyone point and click to enter information.

Anyway... I'd love a native keyboard in RC as currently I have to use on-screen keyboard of whatever VST I am playing with. It's a pain to constantly click between features when trying out parameters etc.

I've looked for something to do the trick... but nothing seems to help the situation. Any suggestions otherwise?

Thanks all

Cereb

Hi dear Cereb,

honestly I have not thought of that. This is a good request. Would it be better to have a MIDI keyboard
- in a separate window (e.g. always on top) or
- at the bottom of the RapidComposer window or
- floating over the workspace like inspectors?
Or do you need the ability to just play on the computer/laptop keyboard without displaying a MIDI keyboard? This means the keyboard shortcuts have to be disabled while you are entering notes.

Thanks,
Attila

my input would be all the above..since RC technically a sequencer, this is almost all but required.. so yea +1

Hey Attila,

Forgot I requested this... sorry for late reply.

I'm accustomed to the Logic keyboard... so floating (not always on top... ability to minimize) is best for me. I have small laptop screen... so floating is good up to a point... but can be a pain if there are too many things open and cluttering the screen.

...and since you kind of mentioned it... I hadn't thought to request this and I can see it is a big ask so unlikely...
but I would love to dock the inspector and browser. Right now I have RC floating over about 4/5 of the screen and I put any open inspector/browser outside the RC window. the options are all so important it's a pain having the damn things floating around all the time (for me, anyway)

I'd love it if I could just have RC on full screen and situate all my options over on the right. Like Cubase or maybe even photoshop is a good example. Pic attached of current onscreen set-up.

Thanks as always,

Cereb
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 04.21.10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, I wanted to dock all inspectors and browsers on the right side for v4.0. I have one big problem with that: the inspectors/browsers are resizable, so you would loose the ability to make the phrase inspector wider, for example.
In addition a few users would also like to keep the current way (floating over the workspace, and open them in a separate window) so this makes things more complicated. But yes, I like the idea of placing browsers and inspectors on the right side.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”