Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi magicmusic,

it is up to you how loud the strong accent is. You can set that in the Expression variation for the track.
The accents strong/medium/weak are just extra options that you have full control over.
E.g. by drawing automation you can morph between accents, like making the strong accent weaker, and the weak accent stronger, it is an interesting effect, like rhythm morphing. You cannot do this in a DAW where each note has a single velocity value, and no other properties...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila

Problem is the track settings are for all phrases. When do a song there are parts as verse or intro which have low loudness. then there are other parts as chorus or refrain which have more loudness. and when always a phrase have high loudness in you can not do phrases for verse or refrain and you need another track with diffrent expression setting. so for verse or intro phrases it help alot when there is only weak and medium dynamic possible. when store a intro or verse phrase there need not later change something and it can preview with current track good
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I see! I added this option now.
Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

Great thank you, this is really usefull
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi Attila!
I would like to return to the small improvement that we have already talked about .. Perhaps you could take the time to do this. It's about making a menu in the head of the track for quick selection of the template without having to open the track inspector.
Thank .

Attila, is it possible to make the Phrase Inspector / Convert to Relative Form was represented by a checkbox (i.e. not destructive), just like the Replace Master Track Chords. This gives a great advantage in that it is possible to quickly Apply Absolute Notes (chords) to the master track(Replace Master Track Chords), and after that, when the result suits me, I instantly convert them to Relational Form. Thank .

Hi there,

just thinking out loud..

in the Generators,
wouldn't be useful if we can able to lock the resized tabs .. especially in the Wand tab?
(sorry if discussed already)

mini demonstration:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WRInK ... sqLz3sa7bX

seems the behavior same also with the open inspector separate window + always on top settings..
so i think lock would helpful in this settings too.

jemsoo7 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:54 pm Hi Ajay,
good idea, of course :)
I am not a big fan of including "styles" but once I had plans to import yamaha STY files.
Not many people requested styles in the last 8 years, but it is on my to-do list.
Thanks,
Attila
That would be an AWESOME feature to be able to import yamaha STY files!

Currently I have to put a chord progression in Reaper output in MidiLoop input back in a sty player like (OneManBand, VirtualArranger2,RMCA Pro) to audition different styles on the fly and then record back... (Part of History.... Harmony Assistant from myriad-online.com started import of sty files but Jammer Pro or Onyx Arranger use their own formats...

Yamaha STY could then, say, be use to populate a library of bass,rhythm,drum,piano,fills,intro/outro. 2 Options as a tree for each style file imported Or as a Common Database (Maybe a tag to filter e.g bass by styles genre,etc)
Went looking for Jammer, and it turns out they renamed themselves Bandora: https://bandora.com/en/

thinking out loud..

wouldn't be helpful ?
while creating/editing the Master Track progression,
taking assist/help from the progressions in the Browser,
'seeing' what might be good for the before and after chords
and dragging individual chords quickly from the different progressions from the Browser ?
(in another expression .. kind a getting a quick help easily from the material that you already familiar with)
or am i just too poor about the Harmony ? :oops:

+1

is it possible to have the bigger Snap Divisions (1/2, 1/1, 2/2) for the CC Automation lane?

BTW.
as a side note:
i made a test project to see how this unusual (1 event) CC automation data works
after exporting Midi to DAW and after editing midi in the DAW ..
splitting + multiplying + re arranging them etc.
works perfectly! :love:

short: i believe would helpful in some cases (as in mine :hihi: )

Nothing Urgent!

EDIT:
for a better image

last wacky question for this weekend :oops:

is it possible to add an extra function to Apply Rhythm Variation ?
Bypass the velocities of the Rhythm Patterns and Use /Pass through the velocities of the original Phrases/Generators
i am asking this weird Q. especially for using Apply Rhythm V. with the Random Note Generator (for preserve the RNG Velocities)

Nothing Urgent!

So many great requests! :)

yay!
but .. i wouldn't encourage me that much! :D

ehamm! i told you so.. :)
& i think this one is the wackiest one of the year.

is it possible to have a Phrase Browser option/function
like "Set/Fix Selected Phrases sizes to (N) beats" so extend the ends with empty beats .. at once ?

story:
as you may remember i imported again all Magenta Studio generations i made so far..
Thanks to Batch / Scale Relative import, importing was a piece of cake
and the note definitions was great! ..
except some +/- Note Semitone Offset in some phrases .. which is normal.

while i checking the phrases for fixing the semitone offsets and Phrase lengths
i start to realize semitone fix is the easy part,
but check and fix the phrase lengths (fix all to 16 Beats in this case)
oh my! was a time eater black hole :D

i thought this Browser function would an easy solution
.end of the story.

but!

if you think this: (Phrase Length 'end-crop')
viewtopic.php?p=7568849#p7568849

is a bug..

please just forget my wackiest question above!
i can easily import midi files from scratch after you fix it.

Have a Nice Weekend!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”