Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi there! :)

first a question,
probably i ask already .. if so .. sorry for repeat..
is it possible to switch new chord note colors to my beloved old style?
am i missing some new settings somehow?

if no
in the Settings .. ability to select between new & old color maps would useful :oops:

Cheers!

Hi yellukhan! :)

If you mean that you don't want a colorful master track, you can disable chord coloring in the hamburger menu.
You can fully customize chord colors in the Settings / User Interface / Chord Coloring section.
If I did not reply to your question, please send me a screenshot in e-mail about the "old style" you mentioned.

Thanks!
Attila

alienaircraftmusic wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 pm As far as I understand, note length resolution currently doesn't go any lower than 1/8 notes. Is it possible in the future to add 1/4, 1/2 and 1/1? Thank you
Yes, I added these today, although ostinato is typically a fast pattern. You can make similar patterns in the Arpeggiator for longer notes.

Thanks Attila
MacOS 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Studio One 4.6
Rapid Composer, Orb Composer

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:15 pm Hi yellukhan! :)

If you mean that you don't want a colorful master track, you can disable chord coloring in the hamburger menu.
You can fully customize chord colors in the Settings / User Interface / Chord Coloring section.
If I did not reply to your question, please send me a screenshot in e-mail about the "old style" you mentioned.

Thanks!
Attila

aah!
obviously i skip reading the change log at that moment ! :dog:

sorry ! :oops:

Thank you Attila ! :love:

I see "Variations" in the image above. Does that mean the feature for altering motifs--inversion, augmentation, diminution, etc--has been added to the beta?

xhevahir wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 am I see "Variations" in the image above. Does that mean the feature for altering motifs--inversion, augmentation, diminution, etc--has been added to the beta?
That button is actually in the 3.71 production version now..

xhevahir wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 am I see "Variations" in the image above. Does that mean the feature for altering motifs--inversion, augmentation, diminution, etc--has been added to the beta?
Variations are important part of RapidComposer for many years, since the beginning.
It is not necessary to put its browser into the top of the screen. You can add variations to phrases in the Phrase Inspector, and to tracks in the Track Inspector.

Thanks,
Attila

yellukhan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:03 am aah!
obviously i skip reading the change log at that moment ! :dog:
No problem, of course.
I will build a new beta version tomorrow. The 'Slice Phrase' variation was redesigned and is more powerful than before, and there is a new variation 'Re-rhythmize Phrase' that makes rhythmic variations for the same phrase...

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:09 pm
Variations are important part of RapidComposer for many years, since the beginning.
It is not necessary to put its browser into the top of the screen. You can add variations to phrases in the Phrase Inspector, and to tracks in the Track Inspector.

Thanks,
Attila
Sorry, I meant the feature described here: viewtopic.php?p=7493357#p7493357

Hi xhevadir,

yes, this works already. You can apply multiple variations on any (e.g. imported, generated, edited) phrase. The way it works: you imported or created a phrase for which you can add some of the 41 variations that modify the phrase. The final phrase is rendered with these variations applied. If you change or disable a variation, the phrase is updated real-time.

Note that there are some tools in the Phrase Editor for inversion, I call them Mirror Horizontally, and Mirror Vertically but these are destructive operations, that is they change the edited phrase.

Thanks,
Attila

While on this topic, and I am sure it would be a pain to implement, but.. hehehe, would be really cool if the "variations" dialog could remember the last state it was in between uses of RC. This way, you could set it up for your "favorite" settings.. even a load and save state would be nice too.

Hi Attila!
I would like to recall our discussion about the fact that it would be possible to use our own separate individual master tracks for each track ... I often use 2 or 3 tracks with different harmonic progressions in one composition, but the main master track is still rigidly linked to one progression. Perhaps it would be right to continue work on this topic? Thank !
P.S. Is there any progress in working on phrase controllers ?

Hi lulukom,

this idea is not forgotten at all.
I can start working on phrase controllers soon, after v3.8 is released. Maybe there will be a v3.9 release with this feature, maybe not, I cannot tell. But I am sure beta versions will soon include this feature.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

Is it possible to easy add in the menu for musical stress the option weak+medium too ?. because all available
musical stress.jpg
settings have strong include too. and strong is often too much. see screenshot what i mean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “MusicDevelopments”