Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi Attila! Did you manage to fix the crash that I sent you? Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:05 am

Could "undo/redo" buttons be added? Maybe to the right of the Seconds box.

Also, would it be possible in "note editing" to have right click delete the note?

Thank you,
yeto

lulukom wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm Hi Attila! Did you manage to fix the crash that I sent you? Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:05 am
Hi lulukom,

yes, I have checked the crash dump. I could not find out exactly what happened. I saw that you dragged a MIDI file over the master track, but there was something wrong with that file (e.g. it could not be loaded). I added an extra check to avoid a crash in the future. If you see this crash next time, please send me the MIDI file that you were dragging, and let me know how you dragged it.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

yeto wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 am Could "undo/redo" buttons be added? Maybe to the right of the Seconds box.
This is a good request, already on my to-do list.
yeto wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 amAlso, would it be possible in "note editing" to have right click delete the note?
Right click is used (almost) everywhere to open an inspector with properties/actions, but you can delete the selected notes in the inspector, please see my other reply.

Thanks,
Attila

ehamm..
Note Editing Mode,
i just check the keyboard shortcuts for Note Inspector / Note Offset-Scale Steps up/down
if i didn't miss somehow :oops: , would be useful i believe.
Shift + Up / Down ?

EDIT:
one more thing..

when you render phrases from Browsers to Midi, RC puts clone of the rendered Midi files
to the root of "My Documents/RapidComposerV3" folder
(i believe its temporary location for the render process)
a dedicated folder for this,
would make easy to find them and just clean/delete easily when needed.

Hi, Attila.

When I drop a Phrase/Chord Generator on to a track, it defaults to a 1/4 division. Most of the time, I find I am changing it to a Bar division, not really liking the chunk-chunck-chunk thing. Would it be possible to have the default division of the Chord Generator an option? Not sure if this applies to anything else, except maybe the Bass?
-- mark.

Hi Mark,

you can save the Chord Generator with your preferred settings (bar division) as a generator preset. You'll be able to use it later from the phrase browser, just like the Chord Generator. This applies to all phrase generators.

Thanks,
Attila

yellukhan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:26 pm when you render phrases from Browsers to Midi, RC puts clone of the rendered Midi files
to the root of "My Documents/RapidComposerV3" folder
(i believe its temporary location for the render process)
a dedicated folder for this,
would make easy to find them and just clean/delete easily when needed.
Very good point, yellukhan! I'll fix this in the next beta version.

Thanks!
Attila

when creating a harmony and the associated track, can you have it pic the "general midi" controller set for the harmony track? Currently, it doesn't set anything for the controller.

edit: actually ignore that.. I actually like it like that.. since when re-generating with the harmony track selected, it doesn't overwrite the track settings, which is a good thing..

Yes, indeed, I did not realize that. Nothing is set for the harmony track. Workaround: add a new track, and press Ctrl-Shift-H

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:40 am Yes, indeed, I did not realize that. Nothing is set for the harmony track. Workaround: add a new track, and press Ctrl-Shift-H
Yea, like I said, just ignore what I noticed.. lol.. the reason being, if you generate a harmony track, THEN assign it a VST, any re-generation doesn't affect the VST and settings. A good thing.

The whole process is like a mini idea tool in itself..but just with the progression..

I see! Then I won't fix this :lol:

Hello,

Please I would like to request a feature that I believe would improve RC quite a bit (if it's already there please let me know).

When using instruments with long attacks, such as strings for example, if you align the start of the "long attack" notes and the "short attack" notes such as piano, etc, the actual sound does not align properly, as the long attack instruments provide the highest volume several hundred milliseconds later, causing a "out of sync" effect in the listener.

Some DAW have a "per-track" delay parameter in milliseconds, which can be positive or negative. This way, the tracks containing strings and other long-attack instruments can be set to a negative delay (i.e. 100ms, 150ms, etc) to achieve proper sound synchronization without having to "tweak" the actual notes positions.

Would it be possible to get this feature in RC if it's not already there? I guess it would be just a matter of applying that per-track constant delay to the generation of the MIDI events (note on, note off, controls, etc) going to the VST and MIDI output ports?

Thanks!

+++1!!!
Yes, temporal movement of tracks relative to each other is of great importance for finding the correct overall resonance (I always use it in DAW)

Good idea. I could implement this today, my only concern is that it would be very difficult for me to provide a millisecond value because during rendering all positions are in quarter notes. That is I can easily add a delay specified in 1/1024th notes. That can be converted to milliseconds, or you could enter milliseconds at 'tempo', however when the tempo changes, the delay in milliseconds changes too...

I am checking the source code but such a simple change would be troublesome to work with all rendering modes (with SF2, VSTi, MIDI tracks, internal sequencer, or in the RC VST plugin).

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”